Chapter 20

Aria's Pov

"Momma when is Daddy coming home?" Daisy asked me, running to me from the kitchen.

I looked up from my phone and put it down onto the table in front of me.

"Daddy's coming home in a half hour baby. That means you have enough time to get changed into your Halloween costume!" I said, excitedly.

Tonight, Ezra, Daisy and I are going trick or treating around the apartment block and all the girls are coming over to surprise Daisy.

However, Daisy doesn't know the girls are coming. Spencer arranged for her and the girls to let themselves into our apartment and surprise Daisy for when we arrive back home.

Since Ezra is at work all day, Daisy wanted to make some Halloween cookies.

We made chocolate chip cookies and they are now cooking, which Daisy is not very pleased about as she wants them ready instantly.

For a Halloween theme, Daisy wants to place some fake spiders on too of the cookies to scare Ezra.

"Momma, do you think Daddy will like our Halloween costumes?" Daisy asked me.

I nodded and pecked her lips. "Of course he will. Come on, let's go get changed."

Since Daisy is obsessed with The Little Mermaid, she's going as Flounder, I'm going as Ariel and Ezra is going as Sebastian.

But, Daisy and I decided not to tell Ezra what our costumes were as it would ruin the surprise.

Daisy has a cute little Flounder's costume which is a yellow and blue onesie with fish fins. She also has a hat with Flounders face on so she's going to wear that as well.

For my costume, I have a red wig and an Ariel costume I bought which includes a green mermaid tail and a purple bra.

Daisy loves my costume as she thinks I look great with red hair.

Ezra's costume is a large Sebastian costume with crab claws for his hands.

It's absolutely ridiculous for a grown man, but Daisy and I think it's hilarious.

25 minutes later, Daisy and I are both ready and we've laid out Ezra's costume on my bed so when he walks in to our bedroom, he'll see it.

The cookies are done and we set them on the counter for them to cool down, although Daisy is eager to eat them.

"Mommy do I look okay?" Daisy asked me, giving me a twirl.

I smile. "You look beautiful baby girl. Daddy is going to love it. But let me put another Bobbi pin in your hair."

I adjust her hair which was slightly falling out and smiled. "Perfect."

I looked at the clock on the wall of my bedroom which read 5:25.

For a second I wonder why Ezra hasn't text me because he always texted me when he was on his way home from work. He always arrived home at 5:30.

But then I remember, this morning Ezra and I had a small fight as he said he had to work late tonight and that he couldn't change it.

I then said he has to as its Halloween and he stormed out and shouted maybe he didn't want to come tonight.

Luckily, Daisy was asleep so she didn't hear us shouting at each other but she was upset when she woke up as Ezra wasn't there.

Hopefully, he did get off work early and when he sees our theme for the costumes, he'll want to come trick or treating tonight.

That minute, the key to the door rattled then opened and closed shortly afterwards.