Unlikely - Emaria

Start from the beginning

"Only you would think blowing someone off one time for your mentality's sake means they're a lost cause." She chuckles slightly.

"No I just think I could've handled the whole situation better." I scrunch my face up in deep thought and Aria sighs.

"You want to know what I think?" I nod hesitantly. "I think that you are too sweet for your own good. If Paige wants to be lame and miss out on the terrific girl you are then that's her problem." I smile small. Everyone always tells me that I'm sweet and kind, a pushover really. The way she says it though makes me smile. And for once it doesn't make me feel weak.

"Thank you, but we're not here to talk about my pathetic love life; we're here to save your amazing one." She groans and lies back on the bed.

"I'm nervous. Not the good kind of nervous either, the nauseous sweaty kind."

"Okay so his mother is a raving lunatic," she gives me an amused look. "What mother-in-law isn't these days?" My comment gets her to laugh which had been my goal since she showed up at my locker earlier this morning frowning about the harsh words Ezra's mom shared with her.

"It's just what she said really got to me. Ezra's life has changed drastically because of me. Now all I can think is was it for the better or worse?" It breaks my heart to see her so torn up.

"Anyone who's lucky enough to have you in their life can never be a bad thing." I say softly. She gives me this look I can't decipher. "What?" I ask after a minute.

"Nothing it's just funny that you say that because my dad said almost the exact same thing."

"And you didn't believe him?" I ask her, she shakes her head.

"No."

"Do you believe it now?" She smiles.

"Yes."

___________________________

"I think Emily has an old soul. I can feel it when I kiss her-"I had to pause the video. When Hanna told me about how they had cracked the password I wondered why they didn't tell me and I found out it was because they were trying to protect me. That made me angry. Even after everything I was put through they still think I'm fragile. It makes me angrier because they were right. I'm completely breaking down from Maya's voice alone. The door suddenly opens as I was about to press play. I close my laptop quickly and try to wipe the tears from my eyes not so subtly. In the doorway stands Aria.

"Hey." She says walking in.

"Hey." I greet back in a hoarse voice.

"Hanna told me you might be watching these." She gestures toward my laptop. I nod.

"What are you doing here so.....dressed up?" I ask finally noticing her attire.

"I went to a party with Spencer."

"A party?"

"Spencer needed to give her application for U Penn to some college guy and didn't want to go alone." She clarified. Something was off about her. Her eyes. They had raw emotion in them, like a raging storm.

"Is something wrong?" I ask her. She looked at me and scanned my face.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"You already know that answer. Stop stalling and tell me what's on your mind." She nodded and walked over to the bed. I scooted over so she could sit across from me.

"I met Ezra's brother and well he had some interesting things to say." I can tell this is hard for her.

"What kind of things?" She breathed a sigh.