Unlikely - Emaria

"So how about this one?"

"It's just as good as the last one Aria." My pint sized friend pouts and I try not to roll my eyes.

"Em, I want this to be perfect. Ezra's mom practically sunk her teeth into me last time. I want to prove to her that I can be what Ezra needs." The desperation in her voice is a little scary.

"It doesn't matter what Ezra's mother thinks. It's about what he thinks." She smiles that dazzling smile.

"Yeah but still, do I look hot?"

"I always think you look hot." We both freeze.

"Ah, I don't know what to say to that." Aria says with a scarlet blush and an amused smile. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"That didn't come out right." Actually it came out right it just wasn't supposed to come out at all.

"Emily, it's okay if you think I'm hot. Don't be sorry for giving me a compliment." I let out a mental sigh of relief.

Out of our small group of friends, Aria took the news about me being gay the best. The first few weeks following my coming out Spencer and Hanna were cautious around me. Always making sure they didn't linger in a hug for too long or were too touchy feely with me. Aria was the only one who genuinely didn't give a damn. She hugged me even longer than she use to and still cuddled with me during scary movie nights. I guess that's how I developed a little crush for her over the months.

"I know I just meant that you're hot in a friend observing a friend way." By now I could feel my own cheeks heating up.

"Oh? So do you observe Hanna and Spencer like that to?" She wants to burst out in laughter but is trying to spare my feelings.

"Yes, I do." Aria turned towards me with a smirk.

"Oh thank heavens, I was beginning to think you fancied little ol' me." She exclaimed in an overly dramatic southern drawl.

"Sorry but you're not my type." I laughed. She feigned offence.

"Are you trying to say that lesbians aren't attracted to me?" I look as if I'm contemplating something.

"Yes." Her mouth fell open.

"I'll have you know lesbians find me very attractive, okay? I've seen Paige check me out more than once." My smile falters a bit and so does Aria's. "Em, I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that....." I tighten my smile.

"No it's alright. She doesn't want us to be official and now I know why." I can't lie and say that doesn't sting. It always stings when you put your heart on the line only to get rejected. I kissed Paige yesterday. She smiled the crooked smile that got my heart to speed up but after we had a night of fun; just talking and laughing, actually laughing, she told me that she wasn't ready for an exclusive relationship with me. Of course I thought she was still in denial. She said that she wasn't in denial, that she didn't want a relationship with me in particular. That stung worse. I asked her why and she said she wasn't sure that I was completely over Maya. I couldn't argue because in a way I knew I wasn't.

"If she can't see how amazing you are Emily then she isn't worth the time of day." Aria says while sitting down next to me. That doesn't make me feel better. Friends always say that, they have to they're friends.

"Or maybe I'm the one that's not worth the time of day." Aria grabs my hand. I look at her concerned green orbs. "I pretty much strung her along ever since Maya disappeared." I clarified.

"You were hurt. It's perfectly understandable if you were a little stand offish."

"I treated her like she was a lost cause." I'm really thinking about everything I've done and all my mixed signals, putting all my problems up and analyzing everything. Really analyzing.