"Would you want to go back and live with her?"

"I don't know."

J.J. sighs. "She was always taking care of you. She didn't have time to properly cope with what was going on because her attention and focus was on you. Cut her some slack. She tried. That's what's important. Also, I don't think she hopes everything will fall into place. She seems like she already knows her life is a mess. I don't think you ever pay attentioned to how much she struggled. You always focused on how bad she was at taking care of you." He pauses. "What do I know though. I didn't live through it for five years." He starts texting.

Chelsie p.o.v.

After Grey and J.j. retreated upstairs my dad went to a desk. He opened the drawer.

He pulled out drugs, weed, cigarettes and condoms. He then goes to the next drawer and pulls out some of my slutty clothes that I wear when I go out with my boyfriend.

"Explain. Now." He says.

"How about you explain why you went through my room?"

"I went to go check on my daughter and I saw it. Of course I went through your room to see what else you was hiding."

"Okay... so what do I need to explain."

"Why are you doing this, and why do you need condoms? Your to young for sex."

"Happens. I'm a screw up. I don't deserve to be here. So why am I?"

"Chelsie... You know I love you and I only want to protect you. So you are no longer allowed to do these things." he says "we'll talk more when your mom gets home. Sit on the couch."

He starts putting the stuff in the drawer. I sit on the couch and text on my phone.

Soon I hear footsteps and Todd comes down Lizzy close behind. I continue texting.

Then I see J.J. come down. He smiles at me. I see him text then I get a message.

From: J.j.

You good?

I look at him and shrug.

From: J.J.

I'll text you more, tell me what's going on.

I nod my head.

He smiles "I'm heading out."

He leaves.

I continue texting J.J. when mom comes in.

"Hey, what's going on?" She says. Putting her purse down.

I look out the window that's right by the couch. Not making eye contact.

"Chelsie here." My dad starts, looking around "is involved in sex and drugs." He says, in a whisper.

"What, Chelsie?" Mom says. Looking at me.

I continue looking out the window and mom leans against the wall.

"Why?" She ask.

I stay quiet.

"Chelsie, answer me." She says, strictly.

"You're not my mom. I don't have to answer you." I mumble.

"What?!"

I look her in the eyes "You're not my mom and you never will be so shut up, you came into this family when I was 12 and that was because you couldn't take of your own kids. You left them to fend for themself. You're not my mother and you're a pathetic excuse of one!"