1.

"hello, my most favorite roo." malachi called as he walked into the room of his girlfriend, elspeth.

"you left for a very long time." she stated after attacking him in a hug.

"i know, love, but i'm here now, and i'm staying for the rest of the day."

elspeth then sat again and grabbed her phone, tapping again with her long black dagger like nails.

malachi plopped down on elspeth's bed, peeking over at her phone.

"who 'ya talking to?"

"grandard. i gotta ask the word of the day." she said then tossed her phone down.

she looked over at him then smiled her signature smile. it lit up the world.

elspeth pecked his lips softly, then pulled away, gazing into his eyes.

"i missed your company, greer."

"as i, yours, calloway."

she giggled, before pecking his cheek and falling back on her back.

"so, what's up?" malachi asked.

"i invited everyone over today." elspeth replied offhandedly.

"who all?"

"well, it'll be you, me, grandard, uh... vaughn, blue, and kiernan. only us six. the strangest misfits." she giggled.

"it'll be fun, as always. i love hanging out when it's all of us together."

elspeth nodded in agreement, before jumping up to open the door after hearing a knock. there stood four very different boys.

vaughn campbell was malachi greer's best friend, and they were both jocks to an extent. now, they played football, but they weren't the assholes that everyone makes jocks out to be. normal boys. normal bodies. but anything from normal minds. they were strange misfits.

vaughn was 16, unlike malachi, who was 17. vaughn had platinum blonde curls atop of his head, and bright green eyes.

malachi also had green eyes, but he had brown curls, and tanner skin.

next at the door, you'd find blue harrison, a 15 year old business man of the sorts. blue was sarcastic, but always spoke business. he had brown eyes, and yellow hair, brushed neatly up into a quiff. he mostly had the same build as the other two. elspeth was his best friend.

kiernan pike was a special boy. he was transgender, and before he was welcomed into this group, he was not confident at all, always thinking he didn't look 'manly enough', but these teens helped him see through that.

lastly, you'd find one unlike the others. his name was finnian grandard, a geeky kid, who was tall, lanky, and awkward. he was older than the rest at 18, but that didn't render the friendship.

see, in this awkward friend group, you've got the girl, the jocks, the geek, the cocky kid, and the inspiration, but no one judged the other.

they all had fears. malachi had a fear of the quiet. finnian; fear of confrontation, blue; fear of loss, vaughn; fear of the dark, kiernan; fear of judgement, and elspeth; fear of being alone.

elspeth jumped off of her bed and hugged the four boys at the door before inviting them in and closing the door behind them.

"grandard, i texted you." elspeth inquired.

"yeah, but we were almost here. the word of the day is rhapsodic, meaning intensely emotional."

elspeth giggled and let the word flow off of her tongue a few times.

"it's pretty, finn."

the boy smiled wide, absolutely delighted with how happy he had made his friend.

"now, my dear ellie. what does your highness want to do tonight?" blue questioned. the boys always let her pick, and treated her like a queen.

"can we just have a dance party?" elspeth inquired.

"strange misfits playlist?" gasped vaughn.

"finnian, you got the sick beats, brotha?" kiernan spoke in a gangster tone.

"well, yes, i brought them."

he hooked up the boombox and stared to play their anthems playlist:
1. she lays down- the 1975
2. grand theft autumn- fall out boy
3. the ballad of mona lisa- panic! at the disco
4. budapest- george ezra
5. ahha- nate ruess
6. cry baby- melanie martinez
7. water- pentatonix
8. hurricane- halsey
9. ride- twenty one pilots
10. this ain't a scene, it's an arms race- fall out boy
11. 20 dollar nose bleed- fall out boy
12. gives you hell- all american rejects
13. dirty little secret- all american rejects
14. don't trust me- 3oh!3
15. pity party- melanie martinez
16. breakeven- the script

if you were going to be a misfit, you had to learn every word to every song on this playlist.
the music flowed through the air, everyone jumping around and going crazy.

it was fun, and it was good for roo. that's all anyone really cared about.

and it was all good, until it went bad.