Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

Standing beside her was a man I vaguely recognized from Hannibal's pictures. Tall and strangely beautiful, pretty even, with curly black hair he wore short to his ears, skin a flawless porcelain, and vivid blue eyes that reminded me a lot of Lucifer's. Instead of the military uniform the others wore, he wore the uniform of the army's Deadly Sin squad... and the signet ring of a prince, over a pair of skintight black gloves.

And then there was Hannibal, standing at his side, watching the men in the arena with a cold, calculating look, his eyes darting with the men as they punched each other in the stomach, sucker-punched each other in the face. It was a no bars hold battle between the two, almost like they were out for blood, but Hannibal didn't appear too concerned with the bloodlust permeating the air.

In fact, when he spotted Arikos and I entering the gym, he moved away after muttering something to the prince beside him. The prince inclined his head and went to the arena, shouting in a language I didn't understand.

"Yo, Hannibal!" Arikos greeted with a two-fingered salute and crooked smirk. Hannibal greeted him with a silent nod, then looked at me. He didn't say anything, just gestured for me to follow. Used to his centuries of conditioning to be silent, I followed him toward the arena, where the two men had ceased their battle, but were glaring at each other heatedly.

The largest one was just that-- large. There wasn't an ounce of fat on this man. He was ripped to the extreme, rock hard muscles, his head shaved, save for a light black peach fuzz. His entire left ear was full of silver hoops, a metal stud in his nose, and tattoos of a snake wrapping around his neck. He wore nothing, but a pair of black sweatpants and wraps around his knuckles that were bloodied.

The other one was smaller, by a good foot even. His short wavy brown hair was held back by a headband, his green eyes flashing menacingly, and a vicious scar cutting a path straight across his face from temple to chin. He wore the same exact clothing, but there was less blood on his wraps.

"Don't do it, Zeke, we don't have time for this," the small curvy woman said in Greek, surprisingly, though, her accent was thick and I couldn't quite place it, and could only describe it as airy and smooth, "Ah, fuck me." My eyes went back to the arena where the smaller man had lunged at the taller one, literally tackling him to the ground so he could sit on him and punch him in the throat, but he was instantly thrown off.

For a second, I thought it had been the larger man, until I realized Hannibal had intervened and sent the smaller man crashing through the railing and slipping out through the other side to roll to a stop to the curvy woman's feet. She put her hands on her hips, looking down at him as her loose hair falling over her shoulder.

"Told ya so," she said, making the man curl his lip before he scrambled to his feet.

"Enough," Hannibal commanded, turning to him and holding his hand up. The smaller man hesitated. He looked like he wanted blood, but he appeared far more terrified of Hannibal than the man that towered over Hannibal-- not an easy feat and something that impressed me.

"Ah jeez, guys," the redhead sighed, then turned to flash me a dazzling white smile, "Sorry, punkin', we're not normally this violent. Zeke and Tristan woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... Oh, yeah. Big one is Tristan, little one is Zeke. The hot bae to my left is Libby. I'm Fiona. We're your new team." I looked at her curiously. I couldn't place her accent either. It was rich and rolling. It reminded me of the accents from Northerners back in my time in Greece. They called themselves Celts.

"Let's try that again," the one with curly black hair said, approaching me and holding his hand out, "Hi, my name is Raven. And before you ask, yes. I am that Raven. The one Hannibal talks about all the time, because I'm kind of great." Hannibal actually snorted at that and Raven arched a brow at him, then looked back at me.