Chapter 4 - Fire in the valley

School went by quickly for a change. I didn’t listen mostly, I'd already read the books and new the work, I was the only one who made an effort. I spent my time doodling on my chalk board and imagining what Robins surprise was. By the end of the day I think I had pretty much convinced myself he was going to pronounce his undying love for me.

There was a skip in my step as I came out of school that day, my satchel swinging against my leg. I saw Robin and waved frantically grinning. He laughed and waved back.

A force hit me from behind and I stumbled forward almost falling over. Once I had regained my balance I looked around to see which of my lovely school mates had caused me to nearly restructure my face on the floor. I saw immediately who it was. Bunny. I mean come on! The name its self makes me want to slap her. Bunny for crying out loud. 

There she was in her stupid short skirt twirling her platinum blonde hair in her fingers. And guess who she was talking to? Robin.

Bitch.

She was fluttering her long eyelashes and giggling at everything he said. I walked over to them and her sickly sweet sent filled my nostrils making me gag. What on earth was that? It smelt like she'd just sprayed herself with sugar water.

"Oh hi Lilly, Robin and I were just talking" She giggled stroking one finger down Robin’s chest and moving closer to him. Robin laughed nervously and detached himself from the leech that was threatening to suck out his soul. Bunny looked up at him pouting, making her baby blue eyes as wide as she could. I was standing behind her in fits of silent giggle but she was so focused on Robin she didn’t even notice. Pahahahaha!

Robin was looking more uncomfortable by the second which just fuelled my laughing fit. Tears were actually rolling down my cheeks. I had never seen such a pathetic thing in my entire life. She looked like a cartoon puppy staring up in awe of its master.

Robin cleared his throat and said huskily "If you'll excuse me I have to go now" I laughed harder (if possible) as he grabbed me by the wrist and dragged me away from the down trodden mess that was bunny.

"PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I finally blurted out as we rounded the corner away from her "Oh my god that was so funny! Did you see her face!?" Robin looked at me seriously.

"I kept waiting for you to bail me out!" He whined.

"Why would I do that?"

"I made you pancakes!"

"Yeah but it was funny" 

"I hate you." He turned away from me. I stopped laughing immediately. Surely he didn’t mean that did he? He knew it was a joke? My stomach churned and I felt ill. I reached out a hand and put it on his shoulder trying to turn him round. "Robin?" I whispered. My voice sounded pathetic and needy but I didn’t care. I didn’t want him to hate me.

Suddenly, Robin shot round grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder laughing as I gasped. The bastard had been pretending the whole time!

"Robin put me down!" I screamed. I hated being carried and he knew it.

"No" He laughed "you walk to slow and I want you to see my surprise as soon as possible"

I'd almost forgotten about that and once again I went back to imagining what it could be. 

"You're being very quiet" He said after a while making me jump. He laughed that sexy husky laugh that made my heart pound. "Thinking about me are you?"

"No" I replied a little too quickly.

"Well we're here" he said, setting me down to face him. I looked around I couldn’t see anything surprising. Robin spun me round and put his hands over my eyes telling me to walk forward. After about a minute of walking he removed his hands.