Chapter 2

As the morning came, Kevin decides to kick back and just sit by the docks. Needing some time alone to clear his mind, while his mother got ready to head out and buy groceries.

As he sat for 15 minutes more he got up and walked further away from the beach and from local families gathering around. Thinking back how his family use to be when they were close playing on the sand, sometimes stayed longer and watched the sun set or roasting marshmallows by the fire. But how things change when you don't see it.

Walking for a few more miles away he hears a loud splash coming from the distance. "What the hell was that?" in a confused tone. Getting closer to see what was happening. Seeing a big fishers net surrounding a sea turtle but it seemed like someone else was helping it as well?

"Hey! Do you need help?!" As he jogged towards the person and the turtle, the other was frightened and swam away. "Wait!.... Huh?" As he sees the shiny orange color once again flipping in the water. But gets pulled away from the turtles cry.

"Okay, don't worry I'll get you out. Fuck i don't know why mom (or anyone for that matter) likes doing this to you guys? I'm sorry." As Kevin gave the poor turtle a sad look and pulling the net off of his flippers he manages to get them out. Grunting a bit to feel the heaviness of the net he pushes it off of the sea turtle and he was free.

"There you go lil buddy, swim away before mom tries and dissect you." Chuckling a bit, he tries to remember what was trying to help the turtle. "Hmm... Wonder what that was that swam away,but that color... Was it the same thing that distracted me yesterday? "

Staring at the distance a familiar voice behind him caught him out of his trance. "Hey Kevin, there you are!" As he turned around it was Phil.

"Sup man. Sorry about not coming sooner I had some things and well I just got done getting this net off of a sea turtle." Pointing down at the net as he gave a nervouse laugh about it.

"Really? Its cool. But good thing i ran into ya. I was actually heading to that beach party now come on the others are already there.. Unless you have to go and save more turtles that is." As Phil was laughing at the last sentence Kevin couldnt pass the invitation up i mean.. What else can he do since his mom just leaves.

"Ha yeah right. Sure lets go."