Neighbors

I'm buttoning the cuffs on my shirt right now. No matter how many times my mom wants me to wear a dress, I never will for unimportant events. I'm sorry mom, but that's not my style. I mean for gods sake, when I graduated high school, I wore a dress with black Vans. Doesn't that tell you something? I've only worn a dress a few times and it was only because it went well with what I was attending.

My family got invited to some welcoming party for the new neighbors that just moved in a few houses down. The thing is that with our neighborhood, everyone knows each other. So when someone new moves in, my parents friends throw them a party.

Anyways, while I'm spraying perfume on myself I hear my sister giggling in our room. "Always with the Fifth Harmony shit" I mumble to myself. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loveeee Fifth Harmony. Lauren is bae, but I know I'll never get her. So, sometimes when it hits me that's she's famous and I'm a nobody, I get mad.

The only way for me to get over the thought of ever being with Lauren is to find someone in the real world, but that's hard for me. My friends say I look for too much in a girl, but I don't think so. Like really, is honesty and loyalty too much? Exactly, but whatever.

"Children, it's time to go!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs. "Momma, I'm not a child. I'm 19, I'm literally turning 20 in a couple of months." I yell slightly annoyed. "And how many times have I told you that I don't give a shit? You'll always be my child no matter what!" My mom yelled back. "Ayy!" I whine.

"Hurry up and get your asses down here because we're leaving!" My dad yells. As I'm walking down the stairs I hear my brother and sister getting their shit and closing the bedroom doors. "Coming!" They yell at the same time. Before you know it I hear y/b/n and y/s/n running down the stairs.

As we're walking across the street to my dad's friend's house, my mind drifts back to Winter. 'What the fuck did I do to deserve that shit?' I thought to myself. No matter how hard I try, I don't think I'll ever be able to fully move on from her.

My thoughts were cut short from the door opening. "Mi favorita familia! Come on in guys!" Fernando says as he shakes my dad's hand. "Oye, the drinks and food are in the kitchen. If you guys need anything, just let me know." He says after he kisses my mom's cheek. "Gracias, Fernando." My dad says, "Orale pues." Fernando says walking away to host.

"Well, I'm gonna go sit down. If you guys need me, call me." I say while looking for a spot to sit down. "Okay, we'll be over there." I nodded my head walking towards the couch.

Once I sit on the couch, I pull out my phone to check my Wattpad account to see how many reads I got since my last update. I check it and see that it only got a few more than the last time I checked. While I'm checking who followed me, someone comes and sits next to me.

Without even looking up I immediately sigh extremely loud because it's annoying when there's room on the couch and someone just HAS to make the decision to sit right next to you. Like really, person? There's plenty of room.

"You know there's room on th-" I say until I look up and meet a pair of entrancing brown eyes. "I'm sorry, it's just that it's pretty lonely over there and I have no one to talk to." The girl says, "N-no it's fine, I just thought you were somebody e-else." I say sort of stuttering like an idiot.

She smiles, "I'm y/n" I say holding out my hand to shake. "I'm Tori" she says shaking my hand. I felt something in the handshake, something that made even more butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"So... I haven't seen you around here before, are you new to the neighborhood?" I ask putting my phone away turning my body to face her. "Yeah, actually this party is for my family and I" she says giggling, "Oh my g-, of course it is. I, um, I knew that." I say rubbing the back of my neck while my face started to heat up.

"Sure you did, cutie." She says touching my knee, "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you that out loud. Not that I was thinking it in my head. I mean, not that you're not cute. You're really cute actually, wait that came out wr-" Tori rambled on.

"Tori, it's okay. Honestly, I'm flattered actually. But to be completely honest, you're the cutest one here. I'm pretty sure I look like a potato compared to you." I say grabbing her thigh.

'Shit, I'm not her boyfriend. Why the hell am I grabbing her thigh? Wait, is she even straight? Oh lord, pull your hand away already, y/n!' I thought to myself before pulling my hand away fast.

"That's sweet of you, y/n, but you do not look like a potato. And no, I'm not." She said looking directly at me. "You're not what?" I say looking at her really confused, "Straight." She said giggling. "Oh my shit, I said that out loud?" I ask like an idiot face-palming myself.

"Yeah, you did but it's fine. It's cute how you think out loud." She says trailing a finger up and down my arm. I felt my body shudder and more butterflies erupted in my stomach. "Oh, r-really? Well, you're the first person to say that to me. People that know me say I should keep what I think in my head." I say trying to sound unaffected by her touch.

"Well, I'd like to know more about what's in your head. It'd be interesting to know what else is in there." Tori said pushing a strand of my hair behind my ear and pointing to my forehead. "If you're that curious, then you should go out with me Friday night and find out for yourself." I say with a sudden sense of confidence.

"I'll do that then, y/n. Pick me up Friday night at 8, you know where I live." She says getting up smirking. "I'll see you around, neighbor." Tori said walking away towards someone who I'm assuming is her mother, it was like looking at Tori in 20 years.

I'm pretty sure I was smiling like an idiot but I didn't care. I had a date with the prettiest girl in the neighborhood, nothing could faze me right now. I could finally help myself get over my past and Tori was the piece in the puzzle that could possibly help me.

I was still staring at Tori from a distance admiring her while she laughed. So when she turned to look at me, she smiled widely showing off her beautiful dimple.

I took the opportunity to send her a wink and a charming smile. I could see her blush from afar. 'She is art. She is beauty. She is herself.' I thought to myself. New people bring new vibes and everything happens for a reason, so I can't wait until Friday night with Tori.

A/N: Hey y'all, here's the update since I said I would put one up. I really liked how it started but I don't quite know if I liked the ending. I felt like it could've been better, but lemme know if y'all liked it. I've still been thinking about publishing my story based on of the imagine 'It Was Her', but I don't know yet. It'll probably be short but we'll see. Anyways, um vote, comment and all that fun stuff. I love y'all and definitely Tori Kelly. Stay dope xo.