25. All Hell Breaks Loose Part 2/2

Comincia dall'inizio

I nodded. She lightly took my arm off of her and trudged down the hall, with her hands in her sweater’s sleeves. She sat down and Kimmy, who had arrived with Chris and Bobby, quickly walked over and took the seat next to her.

Bobby, Chris and Kasper were huddled really closely together on the opposite side of them. They were talking really softly. Kasper, who was the only one facing me while the other’s had their backs to me, eyed me for a moment before reverting his gaze back to Chris’ face.

I grumbled something under my breath that I could not even understand. It was obvious they were planning something and it was obvious that they were planning on leaving me out of it. 

I started to walk their way. And it was as if they were trying to disperse undetected. But Kasper’s expression (I had become very good at pinpointing them) slipped into a very subtle shock.

I was about four feet away from them when my cell phone rang in my pocket. “Damn it,” I swore and fished it out and placed it to my ear. “Evan speaking.” I was still coasting toward the boys.

“Listen to me very carefully Evan –”

 “Tank,” I growled. “Where are you?” I slowed down.

“My whereabouts are very much irrelevant at the moment, Evan,” he evaded. “Now, are you going to listen to me and are you going to keep your voice down?” There was a lot of static from his side of the phone. I could just barely make out his deep voice.

I peered over at the others. Chris and Bobby were talking. Kimmy and Ev were huddled together. Kasper was watching me intently. “Fine,” I mumbled, trying my best to make sure K could not read my lips. I spun around to face my back to him. I had stopped walking at this point. “What do you want?”

“What I want is irrelevant as well, Evan. What I need however, is something you should be concerned about.”

“Cut the cryptic crap, Tank. Just tell what the fuck you want.”

"Testy, testy, Mr. Harris. What kind of supervillain would I be without being cryptic and antagonistic?”

“You tell me where you are and we can do this hero-villain thing face to face.”

He chuckled. “Wait for the climax, Evan. You’ll get your chance to put a bullet in my head later. Right now, you have a very big choice to make. You see, Evan I have with me –”

“No.”

A bit of static took over. I could faintly hear waves. “…I beg your pardon?”

“I am not playing your dumb games anymore, especially when I now know that they are rigged.”

“I’m sorry, Evan. I don’t think you quite understand, I have Miko here, at gun point and I am not afraid to pull this trigger.”

My jaw clenched. “Miko betrayed me,” I said. “Us. He tried to blow us up.”

“More like forced to betray you, Evan. It’s easy to get people to do what I want when I threaten their sister and let’s not forget how you treated him like rubbish before all of this started. Combine those elements, and you create a perfect pawn to report back to me, seeing as you convinced my love sick sidekick to focus on other things.” He stopped to grin into the receiver. “So, if you do not do exactly as I tell you, I will blow your little pet’s head off right here and leave it for you to find.”

I opened my mouth. I closed it back. My stomach turned again. Something in my head pulsated. I opened my mouth again and allowed it to hang unhinged for a brief moment. “…Do it.”