I jumped when I heard a little thunder and saw lightening.

Well I just jinxed myself.

I kept walking in the rain, getting soaked every minute, and it’s like the rain was doing this on purpose. Every step I took it poured harder, and it lightened every minute followed by thunder every. I knew I couldn’t run under a tree—because well that’s dangerous, I looked at the nearest street sign and saw where I was.

I knew who lived on this street.

I ran down to their house quickly even though it was no use and knocked endlessly hoping someone was home, and a few seconds later the door opened.

“Selena?”

“Hi Justin.” I said.

Justin’s POV:

I was in my room playing my Xbox trying to get my mind off Selena. I can’t believe she said we shouldn’t talk until she figured things out. I ruined our friendship, because I couldn’t ignore my stupid feelings. And because I couldn’t fight the urge I had to kiss her. I am so stupid.

A big bolt of lighten lighted the sky and then a big crack of thunder came through, causing the power to go out. Well just great. The Xbox was the only thing keeping my mind off Selena.

I heard my phone vibrate and saw I had a text message from my mom.

From: Mom

Hey Justin, looks like I’m gonna stay at a friend’s house tonight because the weather is really bad and won’t settle down until early morning. Jazzy is with a friend and her nanny so I will see you tomorrow and be safe.

To: Mom

Okay. Love you and be safe yourself.

After I texted back my mom I placed my phone back on my nightstand, and got up unplugging the Xbox and taking the game out placing it back in its case. I sighed seeing I had the empty house to myself. I just hope Selena is safe.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock on the door. Who in the hell would be knocking on my door while it’s storming? The knocking kept coming and didn’t stop.

“I’M COMING!” I yelled even though whoever was on the other side of the door couldn’t hear me.

I ran down the stairs and opened the door seeing a very soaked Selena.

“Selena?” I asked shocked.

“Hi Justin.” She said.

“What are you doing here?”

“Getting soaked that’s what.” She said.

I pulled her in the house by her arm. “Why were you walking out while it’s storming Selena? You could have gotten hurt!” I exclaimed.

“Well you know I rather die at this moment anyway.” She snapped letting a tear run down her cheek.

“What why?” I said. “Selena what’s wrong?” I asked wiping away the tear. I don’t care if she was or still is mad at me. I’ll never give up on our friendship, or her.

“I don’t want to talk about it right now.” She said looking up at me, letting more tears run down her face.

I nodded my head and saw her shivering. “Do you want to take a nice warm bath or shower? I can lend you some clothes to change in.” I said. Selena didn’t say anything but nodded her head. She took off her shoes, keeping them in the hallway so the floor wouldn’t get soaked.