Chapter 16 - Escape

Start from the beginning

Just as we reached the elevator, I stopped outside it. I didn't enter and Tae Hyun turned to me curiously. "Su Jin....waegure? [what happened?]"

"Tae Hyun.....ije uri chance da. [This is our chance]" I said in a low voice not looking at him.

"Chance?" He asked curiously and I looked up to meet his eyes. I nodded slowly and Tiz frowned as she followed Tae Hyun out of the elevator to stand in front of me.

"What are you talking about, Jin?" Tiz asked me warily.

"I still haven't given up on going back to Earth. I have a bit of knowledge on how to fly an aircraft....I'm going to try and use one of the spacecrafts here. Lets follow Thor to Hecate. Once we get there and once they're done stopping the Self-rotation Acceleration System, we can ask him if he wants to come with us to Earth. If he wants to stay on Chimaera, then only the two of us will leave." Tae Hyun blinked before giving me a startled expression.

"Su Jin! You cant seriously be thinking of doing something so dangerous!!" He hollered. "Besides, I think you should stay with Thor! He loves you so much.....and I can see that you love him too. You finally have a chance of a new life...."

"Are you saying you don't want to go back to Earth?" I asked and his shoulders dropped. He looked away uneasily.

"Its not that I don't.....but this plan is kind of risky. We don't know how long it will take for us to get back to Earth. We don't even know the projectile...." I smiled at his worries.

"It will be fine, Tae Hyun. You trust me, don't you? After all, if we were sent here without starving to death, it means that the time and the projectile to Earth shouldn't be tough to figure out." I said and turned around.

"I guess....." He still didn't sound too reassured by my plan.

"You cant do this, Jin. Thor told us to go back to Chimaera." Tiz came to stand in front of me blocking my view of the different rooms around. I just pushed her aside and walked to one of the rooms from which Third had walked out of. I'm sure they had some ammuniotion in there.

"You can go back to Chimaera if you want to, Tiz. But I've come too far to turn back now. We'll ask Thor if he wants to come with us and if he doesn't, then he will return to Chimaera and you can see him there." I walked past the doors and nodded seeing a bunch of guns and other weapons hung on the wall. They even had the uniforms on one side but I didn't need them.

I did however, ask Tae Hyun to get changed into one. They had bullet proof vests and I'm sure that it would help. Tae Hyun wasn't used to fighting even though he had been on Chimaera so I wanted to take necessary precautions.

When I was strapped with two hand guns, one rifle and a torch for emergency, I turned to look at the other two. Tiz had also taken hold of a rifle and Tae Hyun was looking warily at a small hand gun that he was holding. I smiled, walked to him and held his arm.

"You don't need that. I'll protect you so all you have to do is not leave my side, okay?" He smiled nodding as he put back the gun to its place on the wall.

"Lets go." I said and we ran through the corridors again.

We had to hide every now and then as some soldiers passed through. When we headed to the docking station, there were totally three spacecrafts docked there. Two of them were pretty big while the third was of moderate size. Glancing into the corridors once more to make sure we hadn't been noticed and followed, I waked to the storage room at the end of the docking station.

There were lockers that had documents pertaining to the different spacecrafts and they were locked. I used the shot gun to break the lock and I pulled out the manuals. They were huge thick books and honestly, I didn't really have the time to read them.