Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Charlotte

"So, what's happening between you and Gabriel Rodrigues?" Maya suddenly asked out of nowhere. I nearly choked on my fries when she mentioned that name started with G. He's probably ranking second on my person-I-don't-want-to-associate-with list, almost surpassing Kate.

"Me? Nothing. Where did that come from?" I answered, keeping my composure.

"He was looking for you yesterday then when he heard what happened, he went running out of school. I thought he went to find you. Anyway, we were all worried sick," Maya shrugged.

"I'm fine, still alive," I chuckled. "But he told me he was just passing by..." I muttered to myself. That wasn't what he told me, was it?

"What?"

"Never mind..." I decided to let it go.

"I thought he was blackmailing you? Since when did you become so buddy buddy?"

"Yeah... " I looked away awkwardly, "Let's now talk about this. So, what did I miss?"

"Jen has got a new lab partner, and she definitely has a crush on him," chuckled Maya.

"Was it?" I asked Jen, but Jen was immersed in her chemistry book. She's unresponsive to any human interactions whenever a test is near.

"Jen!" I raised my voice, and Jen finally stopped trying to bury her face into the book.

"You-" I was cut off because someone plopped down on the vacant seat next to me and draped his arm around he back of my chair. Gabriel.

"Piglet," he said into my ears, almost inaudible, before pulling away with a huge grin on his face. I stared at him incredulously. What's wrong with him? He looked like he had just discovered a unicorn.

"Hi girls, mind if we join you?" a dirty-blonde guy said while plopping down on the seat next to Gabriel.

"You've already sat down, why bother asking, Drew?" Maya did her iconic eye roll and said. Exactly.

"Come on, loosen up. We mean no harm," Drew said with a dazzling smile. Apparently it works on most girls but not Maya, because she snorted and ignored him.

"So, what were you talking about?" he asked, but his eyes were directed to Jen, whose mouth hung wide open was blushing like a tomato.

Maya kicked me underneath the table and mouthed "lab partner" with a mischievous grin.

"Jen, drool," I pointed at the corner of her mouth. Jen's mouth snapped shut immediately and blushed even harder. It's rarer to see Jen come out of her nerdy little bubble than Donald Trump have a 'good hair day'.

Drew is undeniably a great conversationalist, because even Jen, considered the most socially awkward in the three of us, talked freely with him. I feel like a proud mom as I watched them chat, my little Jen finally grew up and found herself a lover boy. This Drew might bring good changes to her.

"Hey piglet," Gabriel said quietly beside me, getting my attention. He snatched one of my fries and savored it in his mouth. Does he even have the idea to ask before taking my fries? People nowadays.

"What? And don't call me piglet," I furrowed my eyebrows and moved my plate further away from him.

"What are you doing after school?" He asked while he continued to eat my fries. I covered my plate defensively and frowned

"Uh, go home? Stop eating my fries, jackass," I scowled.

"Great, I'll find you. Let's grab some food after school, coach postponed the swim practice, got some time to kill," he sat back and shrugged.