Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Charlotte

"Wake up Charlotte! Move your lazy ass, we're gonna be late!" My brother yelled as he stomped into my room and dragged me out of bed.

"Noooo, just five more minutes? Please?"

I held onto my blanket with all my might like a koala. Unfortunately, my bro ripped it away from me. The sudden cold caused me to groan and curl into a ball.

"It's already 7.50; I swear to God if you don't get up right now, we're both going to be late on the first day of school."

"What?" I jumped, "7.50?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

Although we lived only 15 minutes away from school, but school starts at 8, left us only 10 minutes to get ready and rush to school. Shit. I'm definitely late on the first day of school.

"Are you blaming this on me? I've told you so many times not to watch netflix until 3 in the morning; you never listen to me... God it's my first day of high school and you're going to ruin it for me. Hey! Don't forget to wear a bra to school; nobody wants to see your nipples perking out again. Did you hear me? Hey!"

Believe me, this is really is my younger brother, Joe, not my mom. He's 2 years younger than me, that mean he's going to be a freshman this year while I'm going to be a junior. He came back from my grandparents' house in Florida to attend in the same high school as I did. But actually for private schools like this, as long as you have the money, getting in is not a big problem. Heirs to international enterprises, celebrities' children, you name it, you find it. But of course there are abundant of smart people in our school, I just happened to be quite average.

Anyway, he's ten times more annoying and gibberish than my actual mom. Or even more feminine than I am. Sometimes I think my parents might have mixed up our gender. We don't get to see my mother around often, especially after dad died 6 months ago. She's a famous fashion designer with her own brand and chain stores, so she's always busy flying around the world. We have Marnie, our house keeper, to look after us though. I don't miss my mom much, or at all because I'd rather not see her.

I think the situation of our family made Joe this mature at such a young age. He's only 15, almost 2 years younger than me. I kind of feel sorry for him for missing out all the things kids at his age does, like hanging out, playing soccer, etc.

I put on my school uniform, a white button down shirt with the school logo and grey skirt (unfortunately we need to wear uniform to school, but I don't have to think about what to wear every damn morning) while my brother was still blabbering non-stop. I also grabbed my tie and jumper on my way out.

"Marnie, where's my breakfast?" I shouted into the kitchen as I tied my messy hair into a ponytail, ignoring Joe's gibberish.

"Here!" Marnie's chubby body dashed out and handed me a sandwich and a bottle of Snapple.

I eyed Joe and his perfectly worn uniform. He looked smart and groomed in our school blazer and tie. His tie is green since he's a freshman, while mine is blue. Dad would be so proud of him if he's still here. He watched us set off to school every morning, to made sure we're okay. I know he's watching us right now, but we just can't see him.

I stuffed anything likely to be useful into it my bag. I could feel my morning hair sticking up in all directions and I obviously didn't have to time to manage it. I hoisted my bag over my shoulders and rushed out the door.

"Hey, wait up!" shouted Joe from behind.

"Okay, okay..."

--------------------------------