Chapter 21: Help is Along the Way

A/N : Hey guys, so I'm officially 14 now, oops. Sorry this chapter is kind of short, don't hate me :((

Anyways here's Chapter 21, and when I reach Chapter 27 (the last chapter) I'll upload the trailer to the third and final book to the One Way or Another Series 'The Game' I think you guys might like the trailer but enough about that.. We still have 6 chapters left until then.. Anyways... Here it is :)

~*~

"The results show that he didn't make it."

"What are you saying?"

"He's dead."

~*~

"Dead? What? No there must be a mistake-"

"I'm afraid not."

"Are any of you family members?"

"Yes."

~*~

Avery

"Yes." I said softly looking up at the doctor. "You'll need to come with me." He added. I slightly shifted my head to look back at Luke and Daniel who appeared to be upset and then got up and walked away. "Now as you can see, the gun shot hit him right in his bone structure, causing him to go into hydrostatic shock. Unfourtanely, that's not any normal gun wound that could be treated, so the odds are-", "Death is the reasonable result." I muttered. "Exactly." He replied as I sighed. "What is your relationship to him if you don't mind me by asking?", "He's my father's brother but it's a long story." I replied. "I understand. In every family there's a story behind them." He added as I remained quiet. "I'm going to need you to get your family here. We need to discuss furthermore about Jeremy's death." He added. "Alright. I'll go call them." I said stepping out of the room walking past the waiting room. "What did he tell you?" Daniel said getting up as I tried to walk away quickly. "Nothing that you already don't know." I replied as I picked up the paste. "What does that mean exactly?" Daniel asked grabbing my arm aggressively. "Touch me like that again and you'll never find out." I said pulling my arm away from him. "Look, Av, we cared about Jeremy more than you ever did, the least you could-", "That's funny, because before you wanted nothing to do with him. Let's face it Luke, I'm not as stupid as you think I am." I snapped. "Okay, first off lower your voice before someone hears us. Second, I never thought you were stupid." He replied. "I don't have time for this." I said getting upset and tried to walk away from them. "Avery, get back we need to talk about this." Daniel yelled after me. "Sorry, have another funeral to prepare." I said before leaving.

~*~

Jason

His eyes started to open slowly as he shifted them to the right and looked over at me. What's going on?" He groaned trying to sit up. "Daniel shot you." I replied. "Where's Skylar, she alright?" He said straining myself to get up. "She's fine man, just lay down. You need to rest." I added. "How the fuck am I suppose to rest when one of themshot me?" He snapped. "Because if you want to go after them again, you'll need to be stable." I replied. "Fuck stability, get me out of here." He added. "Same thing dad said before-", "Okay, fine. I'll rest, dammit." He replied and laid back down. "What about Avery?" He asked looking over at me . "What about her?" I asked. "Nothing, never mind." He replied. "Okay, just get some sleep I'll be back later." I added. "Where you going?" He asked conceringly. "Nothing important. Don't worry about it." I said and slipped myself out of the room and continued to walk down the hallway past the waiting room. "So what do we do now?" Luke said coming down the hall as I hid inside one of the empty rooms and stood near the door to hear him. "Now, we make sure that we kill Skylar at our very best. With Avery around it's going to be a lot harder." Daniel replied. "What do you suggest we do with Avery?" Like asked. "Killing her isn't an option, she'll just have to join the game." Daniel added. "You know she won't do that.", "Yeah. But she'll do whatever it takes at any cost if it means Jason stays alive." Daniel added as they walked off. I waited for them to get far away before I made any movements and then I walked out of the room. "Alex, get up. Now." I said slipping myself back into his room and closed the door shut. "Weren't you just telling me to get some rest? The hell is going on?" Alex asked as he sat up. "Luke and Daniel, they're gonna make Avery join the game." I replied. "You honestly think she would listen to them? I thought we went over this before? Avery is smarter then you guys give her credit for. We have nothing to worry about." Alex added. "Your in the hospital, we have something to worry about." I snapped. "What did you hear exactly?" Alex asked. "They said something about how she would join if it had something to do with protecting me." I replied. "Why would she protect you if she wants nothing to do with you.", "That's the thing. I don't know." I replied softly.

~*~

Marcia

"Where have you been? You've been out all night, snuck back in this morning and snuck back out this evening. If something is going on, you know you can tell me." I said as I turned around to look at Avery who came through the door and hugged me tightly. "If this is your way of getting out of trouble-", "Jeremy's dead." She replied softly. "How do you know that?" I asked pulling her away from me as I looked at her. "I got a call from the hospital. Someone shot him, they wanted me to come to see him, so I did. I came back because they need to speak with the both of you." She added. I sighed, "Alright, go up to your room. I'll take care of it." I replied as she walked away. I take my apron off and place it on the counter as I start to walk past the living room into to the home office. I open the door and then close the door shut. "Ian." I said taking a step inside. "What's wrong?" He asked looking away from the computer and up at me. "Avery just came in, she was at the hospital-", "Is she alright?" He asked worryingly. "Yeah, she's fine. But-", "What's wrong?" He asked as he got up. "Jeremy's dead. Apparently someone shot him, they need us down at the hospital." I replied. "Aw shit." He muttered and then sighed. "What's wrong?" I asked conceringly. "Nothing, it's nothing. Let's go." He replied as he grabbed his car keys.

~*~

Skylar

"I wouldn't expect you to be back."

"I'm full of surprises."

"I can see that."

"So why'd you call me here?"

"Your familiar with the game right?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"I need your help, Jesse."

~*~

Vote & Comment .

#JessesBack