Chapter one - Kidnap

Emma sighed. It was another day of this life, another day of royalty. Some would be very grateful for the chance to rule the kingdom, very grateful to have so much power. But Emma never asked for this life, one part of her just wanted to be an ordinary girl.

"Emma... I've picked out a dress for you to wear tonight." Emma's mother, Snow White told her. Tonight... That's right. It was the ball, a ball where Emma would be united with Prince Charles to join together two kingdoms. Emma wasn't happy about this at all, she had to marry this Prince Charles whom she didn't even know, let alone love him.

Growing up, Emma always believed that her wedding day would be magical and love-filled. And more importantly, that she would be marrying the love of her life. But currently... Things don't appear to be that way... And the thing is, Emma knew that if she tried talking to her parents they may allow her not to marry Prince Charles. But then she would feel guilty... She would feel like she's letting them down as everything's been arranged now. And her parents had given her enough time to prepare for this... She had nineteen years of her life before they arranged her to be wed.

"Emma." Snow White spoke.

"Oh... Uhm yes." Emma responded, snapping out of her deep thoughts. She looked up at her mother. She saw her mother holding a beautiful, light blue dress. It could be worse emma thought to herself, at least you have a pretty dress to wear tonight.

"The ball starts in an hour Emma. If you need any assistance, just let me know. I can help you get ready myself, or get some fitters." Snow White told her beautiful, blonde daughter whom she was so proud of. She couldn't get over how fast Emma had grown up and to think that her and Charming would be walking her down the aisle in only a matter of time was quite shocking.

"Yeah, thanks mum." Emma murmured. Snow White took this as her queue to leave, she hung up her daughters dress on the wardrobe before leaving the room and leaving her daughter to it.

Emma got up and headed towards the beautiful dress. She undone the buttons and stepped out of her princess dress that she was currently wearing. This dress was much better.

She put on the blue dress, it took a while but she done it. Emma looked at herself in the reflection. She was satisfied with her appearance for once... She actually liked how she looked. That was a first.

Emma fixed her hair, she made a cute braid and clipped it back to the side of her head. She put her hair up in a bun afterwards.

"Emma." Charming called her, he entered his daughters room. He paused when he realized how beautiful she looked. He couldn't believe that he was capable of making someone so beautiful, someone so perfect?

"You look beautiful." Charming told his daughter causing her to blush. Snow White came into Emma's bedroom a few moments later.

"Are you ready Emma? It's time." Snow White smiled. She then stopped and smiled and how nice her daughter looked.

"I'm sure Prince Charles will be very impressed with your appearance." Snow White gave Emma a smile.

Prince charming escorted his daughter down to the ball, Snow White followed in a white beautiful dress. One that was similar to her daughters.

Emma felt anxious as her father walked her through a huddle of people. He stopped when they stood in front of a young-ish man with blonde hair and deep blue eyes. He was stood with an older man whom was wearing a crown... He looked like a king.

"You must be Emma." The older man spoke. Emma felt anxious and shy... She just responded by giving a small nod. Emma.

"This is my son... Prince Charles." The older man spoke.

"It's an honor to meet you Emma." Prince Charles told Emma, before kneeling down to kiss her hand.

"It's nice to meet you too." Emma shyly responded.

"Would give me the honor and dance with me?" Prince Charles asked Emma. Emma shyly nodded before taking Prince Charles hand. He took her onto the ballroom floor and began to dance with her.

Snow White wasn't sure if this was the right thing for her daughter... If this was what her daughter truly wanted.

"What's up snow?" Charming asked her. He could sense that there was something bothering his wife. He could always tell.

"I was just thinking. Is this the right thing for Emma? Her marrying Prince Charles... She doesn't exactly seem thrilled about it and I don't want her to marry him if she doesn't want to." Snow White began.

"She's a princess... It's in her nature to marry a prince. I'm sure Prince Charles will take very good care of our daughter. And if Emma really doesn't want this I'm sure she'll tell us before the big day. So don't worry about it Snow." Charming reassured her. Snow White nodded. Her husband was good at reassuring her, she could finally relax now.

Snow white stood behind her husband and they both watched their daughter dance.

The front doors to the castle then busted open... It was the evil queen.

Immediately, everyone stopped what they were doing.

Emma was confused to what was happening. Who was this lady... Why did she have everyone at her mercy? Even her parents. She felt as if she was missing something.

"I came to join in with this celebration." The Evil Queen announced in a sarcastic tone.

"Of course." Prince Charles father, the king agreed. It was more out of fear, he didn't particularly want the Evil Queen here.

"I hope it's okay that I brought some of my friends." The Evil Queen grinned, 8 black nights then appeared at her side, fully armed.

Snow White didn't know what to do, she hadn't told her daughter about the evil queen. She didn't want to worry her. But she couldn't just stand by and allow Regina to terrorize everyone.

"Regina... What do you want?" Snow White snapped.

"Hmmm, well... I want you to suffer. I want you to pay." Regina began, she started pacing about past people. Everyone felt on edge and afraid as they knew what the evil queen was capable of.

"Take me then! None of these other people are relevant! Leave them alone." Snow White raised her voice.

"It's not you I want... This time." Regina exclaimed. She stopped pacing about, she stopped next to Emma.

"What do you want?" Charming asked Regina. He just wanted rid of her no matter what it took. He had seen how miserable and upset his wife had became because of her.

The room fell silent. It was all eyes on Regina because everyone wanted to know what she wanted... Why she was here.

"Your daughter. I want your daughter." Regina exclaimed. She then grabbed Emma's arm and they both disappeared into purple smoke.

This caused a waterfall of tears from Snow White as she knew how evil Regina was. And she also knew that her intentions with her daughter wouldn't exactly be pretty either, especially with her tracked record.

****************************************************************************************************

A/n

New book, I'm really not sure on this. So let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading <3

Freya xx