"You seem pretty quite your name was Demetrius right? You seem to be quite older but are you a student like Mae or?" 

Expressionless he answered "Yes Demetrius Salvador and no I work in an agency in Toronto."

"Oh a city man, you're not the type of person that Mae hangs around with how do you two know each other."   

"He's actually a loyal customer, I told him about Adrian and he offered to help." 

"Haha you two look good together tho" Ethel smiled 

"What are you talking about Mae's our little baby plus look at him he looks like a playe-" Ethel elbowed him 

"Who's baby? Mae's in her in college stop acting like she's a child", Walter cleared his throat. Mae tried to hold in her laughter and looked to the window. It started pouring like crazy then loud sounds of thunder started. 

"Why are you getting mad at me it's not like he's interested I bet you have a girlfriend?  Or a boyfriend? Looking at you, you could have both and multiples" Mae almost spat out her drink laughing, Demetrius on the other hand was not amused he thought to himself Walter was not someone he liked... At all.  At that moment their employee Deigo ran into the kitchen.

"Walter the lavender has been bagged and everything but it looks really bad outside, the winds are no job I think we should close everything." Walter and Ethel looked concerned 

"We can help" stated Mae, Demetrius poked her in the rib

"We'll be glad to help" She said again . They brought everything inside locked and hammered down all the windows and doors at the barn and did the same in the house. 

They all gathered in the family room, completely wet. 

"What do we do, all the employees have gone home since their houses are walking distance but what do we do with you two?" 

"Walter lets clear Ella's bedroom she can sleep with us, you guys can stay here for the night." 

"Where's Demetrius going to stay?" said Walter

"Oh right?" Ethel looked concerned 

"It's fine we can make it home" 

"Demetrius you were just outside it's like a hurricane out there." Mae whispered

"I need to get back I have work to do." he whispered back

"You said you did have anything to do today?" Oops Demetrius thought and just looked away. 

"Going out there is practically suicide we can't let you guys drive in this weather, but unfortunately downstairs heat doesn't work and we only have one room" 

"We'll figure things out" said Mae

Ethel and Walter went and cleared Ella's room, once they left Demetrius turned to Mae.

"I hope you're not thinking I'll be sleeping in this cold couch while you sleep upstairs."

"Did I say anything?!.... Let's Rock paper scissors for it" 

"How did I know you were going to say that" He shook his head 

"Whatever just take out your hand!" 

"Rock, paper, scissors." Demetrius won

"Best two out of three"He glared at her

"Rock, paper scissors." Demetrius won again

Mae pouted "That's not fair!" 

"It's not my fault you keep using rock, could you move aside miss I need to get to my room and take a shower." 

"I need to shower too!" Mae pouted again and followed him upstairs, they meet Ethel and Walter finish up cleaning the room. 

"All done, Demetrius here's some thick blankets for you it'll be much warmer than the ones downstairs." said Walter

Demetrius patted Mae on the head "You can give those to Mae, I'll be staying here." Walter was about to interrupt.

"It's fine, it's modern times who says the woman should always get the bed, he won it fair and square" Mae said through a fake smile 

"Okay if that's what you guys decided on,  the bathroom is outside on the right and here's some clothes you two can change too."

"Thank you we really appreciate your hospitality." 

"Nonsense we're just helping friends out" Ethel smiled 

"Ethel will be feeding the toddler and I'll get us some dinner as well." They both went downstairs, as they left Demetrius started to take off his shirt.

"Are you going to watch me take my clothes off or are you going to leave." 

Mae quickly turned around "I need to shower too." She pouted 

"There's only one shower, what you want to join me?"

"THAT'S NOT-"

"Wow looks sure can be deceiving,  with such an innocent face -"

Mae's face went completely hot "Wow so this is how you are THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT"

Demetrius quickly covered her mouth with his hand "Lower your voice would you!" Demetrius whispered, Mae looked annoyed and without thinking she bit him. Demetrius face went from blank to alert and quickly removed his hand.

"Let's get things straight Mr. GQ your jokes are not funny and your teasing will result in nothing but pain..for YOU! Don't mess with petite people understand." Demetrius rolled his eyes and huffed, he took his towel and headed to the shower. Once he left Mae's legs started giving in and she laid on the bed stretch out her arms and legs. After Demetrius showered he wore the change of clothes that Walter gave him which consisted of a slightly oversized knitted sweater and a pair of khakis and headed to the room. Once he opened the door he noticed Mae asleep on the bed, he couldn't stop himself from smirking. What was he going to do with her he thought to himself, he sat on the bed and watched her he noticed her eyebrows were furrowed. Was she having an unpleasant dream he thought to himself again. He lightly put his fingers on her forehead to release the tension on her brows. She moved her head and his hand fell to her cheek.

"Dinners ready in 10." Screamed Walter 

Mae quickly rose up like she was brought back from the dead and turned to him. Both shocked for a second, Demetrius stood up.

"You're the only person I know who can sleep so easily, I'm finished you can go and shower now." Mae gave him a face, rubbed her eyes and headed to the bathroom. After she joined everyone in the kitchen and helped set up the table with Ethel. They ate, told stories and laughed, Demetrius felt extremely at ease joined them in the conversation and laughter. After dinner they had dessert and Walter brought out the guitar and sang cover songs of Iron and Wine. At that moment Dimetrius was actually content, truly and deeply content. The only sounds were their voices, the rain falling, the fire crackling, and Walters guitar playing. Hours had passed and everyone said their goodbyes and went off to bed. What a day Demetrius thought, he smiled and stared at the ceiling deep in thought when he heard a light knock on the door. He got up and opened it to see Mae wrapped in her blanket holding her pillow. 

"I think someone else is in the house." She whispered extremely scared.