The Halal Dating Begins.

Samaar's POV

 It was the beginning of October. A beautiful month. It was also he month of my birthday, but I never really celebrated it. The 31st of this month I'd turn eight-teen years old. I don't want to be an adult...

Aakifah was out to her class and I was at home, bored. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't feel like working either. I guess I could go for a walk. The area around where we lived was pretty sweet. We had a children's playground right across the street with an ice-cream place. My mouth was watering already. At the corner of my eyes, I saw Aakifah walking towards me with no rush. I smiled and started walking over to her too. 

"How was it?" I asked.

She shook her head. "It was the worst thing on earth. Do they actually call that an MSA? It looked like people were picking marriage candidates right then and there." She replied. Today was the day, Aakifah joined the university's MSA. Of course, I was supposed to go too but I had no class today. 

"Did you choose out a husband for yourself?" I asked, jokingly. She raised her eyebrows. 

"Oh, that reminds me..." She stopped when we heard a car honking at us. We were basically near the park. It's not like we were on the road or anything. What the hell?

Aakifah ignored the continuous honking and finished off what she was saying, "I saw Sheath today." I looked up at her and my heart was already beating out of my chest. 

"Did he... recognize you?" I asked, slowly and calmly. 

"Don't you think he should have?" Aakifah asked me jokingly.

"No, seriously. You guys met?" I asked.

"Obviously not... Why?" She asked, "Did you want to keep it a surprise?"

"Where did you see him?" I asked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 I walked into the restaurant where I was supposed to meet up with Ruhi and Aakifah who went out shopping today. Ruhi didn't wear a hijab but she acted like a proper Muslim. She told us she's wear it when she got married which was already decided. Her wedding would be next month. My family would be coming too. 

Ruhi came in five minutes late and Aakifah came in right after. I smiled when they came in because Ruhi was holding a bag of chips and snacks. We were going to go to the movies right after. They sat down right in front of me. 

"Assalamu Alaykum Samaar!" Ruhi said as she pulled at my cheeks. I scowled at her, greeting her back. Aakifah was looking around the restaurant. Then she turned to me.

"Did you find him?" She asked. My eyes shot wide open. The place where she saw Sheath was here?

I didn'turn around, and nor did I look anywhere except the door. Should I leave?

Yesterday when I pestered Aakifah to tell me where she found Sheath, she said I'd find out soon. Who knew it was this soon?

"Sit down properly and don't even think of leaving." Aakifah said in a stern voice. It was no wonder she told me to dress up. She ended up dressing up because I told her I wouldn't dress up if she didn't. Ruhi was wearing a nice black maxi dress with a red blazer.

I paused, "Aakifah... how am I supposed to act?" I asked. She laughed. 

"I don't know. Flirt with him or something. Just don't do indecent things in front of us." She said, calling for the waiter. "Can you please get us Sheath?" The waiter gave a confused look and left.  When someone walked up behind me, Ruhi smiled wide. I just looked down.