memories // future

we lay on the floor of my guest bathroom, with our legs propped up on the bath and the cold tile behind our necks. graham to my left, maison to my right.

"i can't believe it's tomorrow. high school graduation. we've come a hell of a long way, huh?" i interrupt the comfortable silence.

maison slides her hand over to quickly squeeze mine. "yeah, i'm so fucking proud of us."

i smile at her cursing which is typical for maison. her warm hand against mine brings back a flood of memories from sophomore year. that's when i met her, and we started dating. that didn't last long, but at least we got an amazing friendship out of it. i hear graham audibly sigh and turn my head to see him speak.

"i hate that you guys are acting like we are never going to see each other again. maison, you're spending a few months in europe then you're going to ohio state, i'll be at georgetown, and joey you're going to princeton. god damn, i still can't get over the fact that you're going to princeton. we are all going to be close by to each other."

i nod and feel my heart beat faster in my chest. all the stress and sleepless nights really payed off, and i got accepted to my dream school.

"guys," maison speaks up, "i'm so scared for europe. you have no fucking idea. i know it's been my dream since forever, but shit... i don't know if i'm ready."

"hey, you know you're going to have such a great time. if you ever need anything or anyone to talk to, just call us. we are here for you maison." graham assures her.

"yeah.." she responds, her voice cracks.

"god, i love you guys so much. i'm honestly terrified for princeton, too. i know i got in, but i have this feeling that everyone is just going to think i'm some dumb kid from the jersey shore."

"joey, please shut the fuck up." maison tells me with affection, but her words a coated with sadness.

"all of us here know that's not true. you are the smartest person i have ever met." graham adds.

we lapse into silence. i continue to think about the memories i've had with the two people beside me. i remember freshman year when graham and i got stuck in an intro business class. we planned on dropping the class immediately, but after a week with mr. nelson we both wanted to stay. it ended up being are favorite class because of mr. nelson. he has taught us some of the most valuable lessons we learned in high school. graham is now majoring in business.

spring break during sophomore year, shortly after i broke up with maison, graham's older sister offered to take us camping with one of her other friends. maison was a little hesitant to go, but we all eventually agreed. graham's sister and friend shared a tent, i was with graham, and that left maison alone in her own tent. she begged graham to let her sleep in our tent, and have me sleep alone. i, of course, refused and instantly shut down that idea. we all ended up sharing one tent, which didn't really bother me because maison and i cuddled even though we weren't together anymore. it took me a little longer to get over the break up than it took her.

before i realize, i have have tears streaming down my cheeks. i try to wipe them away, hoping no one notices, but i eventually give up. hot tears continue to pour out of my eyes.

graham realized a few seconds later, "joey, oh my god." he sits up and gently rubs my shoulder, "dude you're going to make me cry, too."

i'm trying to stop, i really am, but i can't control the tears. and to be completely honest, it feels good to cry. we all sit up and get in a circle. maison wraps her arms around us, and we sit there silently, appreciating each others' shoulders to lean on.

graham and maison are the best people i have ever met, and i would do absolutely anything to make sure they are happy. i always had a hard time making close friends that i knew i could trust, but once i met graham in eight grade, things started to change. the two are like my family. graham is the brother i never had, and maison is like a sister i protect and defend. i owe the world to them because in know that maison and graham will always be by my side, through thick and thin and i will always do the same for them.

_____________________________

CAST

malaika firth as maison

patrick schwarzenegger as graham

jessey stevens as joey (i wanted the boy in the picture attached to be joey and jessey was the person that looked most like him so yeah)

im really proud of myself for actually writing a decent length chapter. this is written for @Rissos because she is going off to college soon(ish) and she is my best friend in the entire world. she supports me through everything and im beyond thankful for that munchkin. i love you tailor.

oh yeah i also never know what to title my chapters so just kind of ignore those, thanks

anyway rate & comment & stuff if you want

much love,
anina