Hideyoshi X Reader: Tokyo Ghoul

Start from the beginning

"What are you looking for?" Hide asks scooting his chair right next to yours, and looking at the map.

"I can't find where my apartment should be at." you say moving your finger over the map.

Hide starts to laugh as he sits back in his chair. You look at him confused as he keeps laughing.

"Y/N, that's a map for Hong Kong." Kaneki says tapping your shoulder.

You face palm as you sink down in your chair "It's ok Y/N, we all make mistakes." Hide says putting his arm over your shoulders.

The waitress comes back over with your food on a tray, she gives each of you your food. She stops and looks at you and Hide before smiling at you two.

"How long have you two been together?" she asks you and Hide.

"Oh no we're ju-"

"It's been about two years now. Right honey?" Hide says turning to look at you and kissing your cheek.

You instantly blush at his actions and try hiding your face from him "Congratulations, you two are adorable together." the waitress says before leaving your table.

You keep your face covered with your hands, Hide's arm is still around your shoulders making you even more embarrassed.

"Let's dig in!" Hide yells as he moves his arm away from your shoulders.

You finally uncover your face and look down at your food. Before you can take a bite out of your food, Kaneki quickly stands up covering his mouth like he's going to throw up. You and Hide look at him as he bolts out of the restaurant.

"Kaneki!" Hide yells after Kaneki.

But Kaneki doesn't turn back from his friends call. You look at Hide concerned for his friend. Hide pulls his phone out and tries calling Kaneki. You sit there feeling useless, although that isn't new.

"Kaneki what happened!?" Hide yells into his phone.

Kaneki's lucky to have a friend like Hide. You watch as Hide slowly becomes calmer after talking to Kaneki on the phone. Hide's a really good friend, I wonder what it's like having a friend like that?

Hide hangs up the phone with a small smile on his face.

"Is Kaneki ok?" you ask worried.

Hide smiles at you "Yeah, he just felt kind of sick. So he went home." he says.

You let out a sigh as you stand up and put money down on the table "I'm going to find my apartment, thank you for letting me join you. Please tell Kaneki that I hope he gets better soon."

You give him a smile before walking out of the restaurant. 'Hide and Kaneki are nice boys, I don't want to bother any of them.' you think to yourself as you begin walking down the street again.

"Wait!" a sudden grab of your wrist makes you turn around and fall into the chest of the person who called to you.

Looking up and meeting the person's brown eyes. It's Hide again, I thought I already said 'bye' to him.

"Um h-how about I walk you to your place?" He suggests still holding you close to him.

"You don't have to do that." You say quickly not looking away from his eyes.

Hide smiles "I don't have to, but I want to. I think you're really interesting Y/N."

Why is it that every time he smiles, the world seems to be brighter. Like the sun comes out to remind everyone, it's going to be a good day.

"Ok." You say still not pulling away from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why must all good things come to an end? You lived your life with Hide being a huge part of it. You learned things, such as Kaneki being a ghoul.

But learning that one thing is the reason why you're bleeding from your chest as you crawl to the coffee shop. You have to see Hide, you have to know if he's ok. Just one more time before-

You stumble threw the entrance of the small shop. You meet the wooden floor as pain shoots through your chest from the impact.

"Y/N?" You hear an all too familiar voice as arms hold you.

"Hide..." You call out to him.

You look up to meet his brown eyes. Concern in them as he looks down at you. He's slightly shaking as he sees your injury.

"Y/N, we need to get you to a doctor." He panics as he sits you up.

"Hide, do you like me?" You ask making him freeze.

He meets your eyes "yes." Is his simple answer.

"Do you like me?" He then asks still trying to get you up.

"Yes." You say smiling as a tear leaves your eye.

"Tell me why you like me." Hide requests.

"You're a goofball." You say lightly laughing.

"You care about your friends a lot." You say.

"You're smart."

"And my favorite one, you light up my world with your smile alone. No matter how bad a day I'm having your smile makes me happy." You finish as you stand on your own two feet.

You lift your head up close to Hide's as he lowers his head. Just enough for your lips to connect. Although it was no longer than a second, you were so happy. Just to even admit you like him, just to spend time with him, it made you so happy.

"Y/N please, you need to go now." At Hide's words you feel your tears build up.

"Hide." You say his name as he starts to let go of you. You know what's happening, and you know that this will be your last time to see him.

"Y/N, promise me you won't forget me?" Hide asks as you walk towards the door tears streaming down your face.

"I promise." Just those simple words made Hide's smile shine the brightest you've ever seen.

"Good bye sunflower." You say with a sob as you open the door.

"Good bye Miss. Not Japanese."

You close the door as you leave the shop and Hide. Sobs escaping you as you put your hands over your aching heart. You walk away from the shop and into the street. Blood flowing from your wound on your chest. You fall onto your knees as you continue crying.

"I don't regret it." You whisper.

"If I could go back in time, and choose to ignore Hide I wouldn't. Even if I could of avoided my death I wouldn't. Because then I wouldn't of met my sun shine." At the end of your words you fall to the ground taking in your last breathe.

'I'll see you soon Hide.'