4. "late"

R O S E

"Wake up, you idiots."

Blinking my eyes open, the one and only Derek Luh towers over Nate's and my body, holding a coffee mug as he was smirking. "Y'all got freaky?"

With my body not wanting to get up, I knew I had to. I was tired enough from last night and now having to wake up so early was the worst. Not only that, going to school.

"No," Nate answers, flipping around to become in contact with my body, wrapping his arms around my back and intertwining our legs together. "We just fell asleep," right after that sentence he yawned.

While he was pecking my nose, I stretched a bit. "What time is it?"

"Uh," Derek looks at his watch, "Half past six."

"HALF PAST SIX?" I screech, finding myself pick up from Nate's body and running into the bathroom to look into the mirror.

My makeup wasn't that badly smudged, just mascara ringing around my eyes. "This isn't bad, right?" The door was wide open, both boys coming in to check on me.

To see, Derek was wearing oversized pajama pants and no shirt on, while Nate wore the same thing he wore yesterday, skinnies.

"You look as perfect as ever," Nate rolls his eyes, chuckling before nearly closing the door behind him.

"You look like a raccoon," Derek adds, chuckling as Nate whacked him on the shoulder.

"Nate, I'm late, I cannot just-" I place my hands through my messy brown locks, my heart almost bursting out of my chest. My professor was the worst and I swore to him I would never be late.

"I'll be your late pass, yeah? Take a shower or bath- whatever you need and tell me when you're done so I can give you a towel." He cuts me off.

"Couple goals," the fading voice of Derek rings in the air, earning a jab laugh from both of us.

"Thanks," I say before he winks and closes the door, leaving me to his master bathroom.

Stripping off my clothes and taking a steamy shower, I look around for any soap. I didn't know why I thought Nate would own any girly smelling soap or anything with the scent of flowers, because he didn't. All he had was male body wash that smelled like musk. Smelt like him everyday, so I lathered myself in his scent.

Coming out of the shower about ten minutes later, Nate comes through with a towel, not phased that I was naked infront of him- as we were best friends when we were younger, we had done plenty of things together, like skinny dipping.

"Here, sweetheart," he wraps the fluffy towel around my body, his voice was a bit scratchy since he and I both just woke up not too long ago. He places a hand through my wet and stringy hair.

"What do I brush my teeth with?"

"You left one here, see," he picks up a toothbrush that was pink, handing it over to me.

"Thank you," I purse my lips together, while brushing my teeth Nate tells me he already planned my outfit for the day, thanking him once more.

Walking out on the wooden floor, a gust of cold wind happens to appear making me chilly instantly.

I change quickly, placing on Nate's boxers since I've never left underwear here before, while doing that I placed on some joggers I left behind once and a white t-shirt.

Coming out into the living room space, I see Derek sprawled out on the couch on his phone, looking on Twitter.

I place on my black vans, waiting for Nate to come out of his room from changing.

"How was last night?" I ask Derek, a hand on my hip.

"It was odd not hearing my sister bitch about little things, so I guess it was nice," he shrugs, making me shake my head while smiling.

"Oh. Do you like it here?"

"I guess," he smiles, "I'm joking. It's nice."

"Where did you live before?" I ask nonchalantly as Derek looks up at me.

"You ask a lot of questions, you know that right?" He smiles. "California."

Before I could respond back, Nate cuts me off.

"Ready to go?" Nate's voice was heard from behind me, as I nod.