Slowly (Conjectures pt. 3)

K, but imagine, two weeks, and many more 'secret' kisses with Hux, has passed since your last talk with Matt. He seems to be taking your last warning seriously, does not trouble anymore. Not as Matt, at least.

You are sitting in your office, absorbed in blueprint's documantation. You've been asked to design a new security system for Volkov- that new outpost on the small planetoid, the First Order took over not so long ago. It's far away from Starkiller Base and has big strategical meaning. Being responsible for its safety is a big honor and even bigger responsibility. Your thoughts get disturbed with the sound of opening door.

"The master is calling for you" the person that has just entered the room appears to be one of Kylo's disciples. You frown. Lord Ren is not your direct superior. However, despite of having better things to do at the moment, you also happen to have no competences for saying no to him. You give the man a simple nod and follow him in silence.

You enter the room, that apparently serves Lord Ren for an office of some sort, alone. The door close behind your back. This dimness inside is irritating. "Sir" approaching any further without a verbal invitation is unacceptable. You need to stay put, unless he tells you otherwise.

"You are responsible of Volkov security system." the Knight of Ren sits in the chair behind his desk. In the helmet, as always. This makes you feel really uncomfortable since you can't tell if he's looking at you or not.

"Yes" you say, although there haven't been any question.

"Good. We're leaving." He stands up, approaches the door.

"Leaving, Sir?". You don't really know what he has in mind. At least, you pray, you don't know.

Lord Ren stands next to you, fingers on the door switch. "Yes, to Volkov. Me, a little squad of troops, and you. Right. Now."

"I need to inform my superiors."

"You don't. They already know. The case is urgent and requires your presence." You are left no choice. This is not a request.

Hux knows, that when you're working on something big, you're absent for everyone, unless it's really important. He has ambivalent feelings towards your offer not to meet privately until the concept of your project is in progress. The fact that the First Order is your priority makes him glad, however he misses your presence and taste at least a little bit.

General decides to check out for reports on his datapad. Plenty of them, not a single one from you. None progress reports for two days? "That's unlike her." That seems like a good reason to finally see you. He gets up and leaves his office.

Everything in your office remains untouched, as if you are to come back any minute, datapad, comunicator. Hux takes a look around. Picks up your business datapad and digs through its content. Not much of an improvement comparing to the last version he got from you. In fact, it was edited two days ago, 13 pm. "Wonder what kind of explanation she has for this." The red headed man takes your place and waits. An hour passes and he loses his patience. Looks up for the number of one of your subordinate's comunicator and dials it from his own.

"Yes?" speaks up a woman's voice.

"Can you tell me, when (N) will be kind enough to show up in her own office?" the frigid voice doesn't need introductions. Everybody recognizes General's voice immediately.

"I- am sorry, Sir. She didn't show up today. She is so busy with the security project, she might've take a day off or is working from her quarteres-" Hux cuts the connection and storms off the room heading to the security complex.

A young man jumps on his feet seeing general showing up in his boxoffice. "Sir!"

"Sit down, I need you to check when the lock to the room with this number has been used for the last time" Hux writes down the number of your room.

"The private quarters section?"

"Cut that talking and what I say" Hux's voice turns into an irritated hiss. He won't be explaining himself to a random employee.

Poor man curls up. "Two days ago, 7.30 am."

The hour spoken by that man makes general's heart beat heavily for the first few seconds. However, his expression remains unchanged. He doesn't know what to do. His hands begin to shake out of anger. This reaction is beyond control what makes him mad even more. Hux forces himself to stand still, although his eyes are storming.

"Sir?" a weak voice makes its way to general's consciousness and snaps him out of trance. One thing's for sure. He needs to get out or somebody will bleed.

"The has to be a way to find her" Your status in his base hasn't been changed. You should be working here. "If something happened" Hux's hands got shaky again, not due to winter weather outside. "Ren. He got back, from that ridiculous training of his or whatever he has been doing last weeks, a few days ago. He has that 'ability' of sensing life forms if I am not mistaken..." Ren's comunicator doesn't respond. "Did he leave the planet?"

"I am sorry, general. I repeat, I am not authorized to give away such information" the man sitting behind the desk in Knights of Ren's complex is certainly enjoying himself too much. Kylo's employees just love mocking Hux since he is not their direct superior.

"What do you mean you are not authorized... I run this fucking place!" the noise of blood pumping through his ears became unbearable.

"It's Knights of Ren's complex" motherfucker smiles. "And master Ren ordered me not to give away details of his operations." The string of general's self-control got tautened beyond its capabilities. As it breaks, the face of smiling son of a bitch meets the desk and his world goes black for a second. Hux's gloved hand, still griping his hair, pulls him back up. Not sure what just happened, he tries to speak up spitting out the blood that ran from his nose to mouth. "You fucking-" the thump echoes the room again and again until the man falls unconscious.

"Fuck!" Hux pulls the torpid head up once again. It's not a face anymore, it's pulp. Blood everywhere. At least fucker's not smiling now. General releases his hair from the grip. The body slides down on the floor, head bounces from the desk making the blood splash around. Dead or alive, doesn't matter. He is logged into the base on his datapad. That's all Hux needs."Volkov?" nothing worth classifying. Ren left two days ago along with the Squad B. "And one security specialist? Fuck. Him." The fact, that he put this information in his base means Kylo does not intend to harm you. However, it doesn't calm Hux down one bit. His blue eyes take a look at the man laying in the dark puddle for the last time. His right hand, red from blood, adjusts fiery hair. The flaming rage steps aside, making room for frigid determination. "Ren touches her once, and his life becomes hell. He. Has. My. Word."