Chapter 25~ "Choose Me... Love me"

Tris POV

"Okay, here it is. It's simple. Her or me, and I'm sure she's really great... but Derek, I love you."

Taking a sip of my ice tea, I sit in our sunny suite. Laying in bed, watching a marathon of Grey's Anatomy.

"You're not still watching that are you?" I hear Tobias call from the door.

"It's almost done." I call back, taking a bite of my muffin I got this morning from the lobby.

Tobias walks in, wearing teal swim trunks and a white- tight- t-shirt. He's smirking as we sees me, who's still in her pajamas, lounging in a messed up bed watching a TV show.

"You said that two episodes ago, come on turn it off. Go out with me, it's bright and beautiful out today." Tobias reasons with me.

"So pick me. Choose me. Love me."

Sighing, I give in. Turning off the TV, I get up.

"I have to shower, then we can go out." I tell him, gathering some clothes from my suitcase.

"Too bad you didn't shower earlier, we could've showered together." Tobias jokes, kissing my cheek.

"Damn, that is too bad." I say with a wink, and go get ready.

Twenty minutes later, I'm in a peach colored bathing suit, with a cover up type skirt. The skirt has a small slit on the right side, and is patterned with orange, teal, and purple colors. And the fabric is airy and light.

I come out of the bathroom, braiding my hair to side and find Tobias on the bed this time, watching what I was.

"Seriously?" I laugh, grabbing my tan purse from the table in the corner.

"It's actually pretty romantic." Tobias points out, getting off the bed.

"How? He has to choose between his wife and the woman he should-and wants- to be with." I say, turning the TV off again, as we walk to the front door.

"Well, not that. But the way she was finally telling him how much she loved him." Tobias grabs the keys and we leave, heading towards the elevators.

"Yeah, but she opens up like that, and after all that... he chooses his wife." I tell him, as he wraps an arm over my shoulder.

"There's no easy choices in life I guess." Tobias says and the elevator dings open to the lobby.

"Not in love there isn't." I say, taking Tobias's hand in mine as the Californian sun shines down on us.

"So where do you want to go first?" I ask, as we walk down the street, hand in hand.

"I don't know, there were I few shops I saw that you might like." Tobias says as I reach for my sunglasses and put them on.

"Okay." I say, and we head for some venders selling things from handmade jewelry, to freshly sqeezed juices.

"Oh Tobias look! Shauna would love that for Opal!" I say pointing to a blanket with pink and white stripes. That's what they painted the nursery, pink and white.

"That's cute." He comments. Although he hasn't seen Opal a whole lot like I have, he still really likes her. Not only because she's a beautiful baby, and he helped deliver her. But because of what she makes him think of.

Tobias wants a family with me, a little girl or baby boy of his own with me. I'd love that too, but this just isn't the time. It's hard to get him to see that when he's got one vision in his head.

"Can we get it?" I ask, looking at the price tag. "Sure." Tobias says, as I purchase it.

"Has Zeke talked to you about the wedding at all?" I ask, as we begin walking again.

"Not really, he called me a few day ago talking a little about it. But he probably doesn't talk about it as much as Shauna does." Tobias tells me.

"What'd he say?"

"They're still picking a date, and he actually said he's nervous." Tobias says, with a light laugh.

"Zeke said that?"

"Yeah, said that it's a big deal, and he's nervous bout it." Tobias tells me.

That's the end of the conversation, after that. The rest of the day's spent just walking around till we end up at the beach, our bare feet feeling the warm sand between our toes. The sun setting in front of us once again.

There's a comfortable silence between us till Tobias speaks up.

"You know I love you right?" I look up at him, his sunglasses off so I can see his eyes.

"Of course I do." I say, lightly laughing at that comment.

"I just, I just wanted to make sure you knew. After everything you watch on TV, and how love looks difficult on shows or in movies. I just wanted you to know that with me, it's not difficult. I just needed to make sure that you knew that." Tobias adds, and I stop- making him stop too.

"I love you too, and I'm never going to stop or think that you've stopped just because of something I watch or even read." I tell him, holding both his hands in mine and gazing up into his eyes.

"I love you." Tobias says, before bending down to kiss me. His lips soft and gentle against mine, kissing me in a way that makes everything else stop. He can kiss me with such care like he does, but it can feel like more. Like a real passionate kiss, one with never ending emotions just needing to be told.

A/N: Not sure if this is a good chapter... just thought id update. And I loved that Grey's Anatomy moment. :)