Girls Say This Every Week

2.

Girls Say This Every Week

A/N: Hey. So I wrote this all the way back in May of 2017. The plot has changed a hell of a lot since then so I'm rewriting this chapter. If you wanna read it, go ahead! But I gonna change it so, so much, so it's kinda pointless.

   They drove in silence, Lola resting her head on the window, Shiloh half asleep, Jason simply sitting there. Marlie bridled and sighed, turning into the police station car park. It was two in the morning, Marlie had women studies in four hours, it would take two hours to get home, and she was the only sober person. Wonderful.

   From what she'd heard from Julian, the party had shut down pretty quickly. Everett hadn't failed to mention that Gabriel hadn't gotten away quick enough. The thought of that smug bastard sat in a holding cell he put himself into brought a smirk to Marlie's lips.

   He hadn't always been such a dickhead, Gabriel that is. There had been one point when he was tolerable. He'd even been a friend once. Well, Shiloh's friend.

   But the situation was this: it was two in the morning and Marlie hated Everett far more than she should. Jason was the only one who went with her and he paid the money - it was then that Marlie found out about his billionaire parents - and Everett walked out of the holding cell with his head hanging and tail between his legs.

   "You absolute jackass." Jason muttered with a grin when Everett approached them. The boy with the shaved head and two differently coloured eyes simply looked back at him in some sort of shame.
    They stopped in the car park somewhere between the station and Everett's car. Jason asked him "Which colour eye do you want me to hit?"

   "Preferably the brown one." Everett muttered, meaning his right eye, and Jason, several inches taller than him, slung an arm over Everett's shoulder.

   They wandered for a moment, Jason and Everett trailing behind Marlie. She considered whether or not to say something.

   She didn't have to because Everett then held out a hand to Marlie and said "Keys."

   Marlie sped up in her walk and Everett pulls away from Jason to follow her. "Marceline Quince you get back here and give me my car keys!"

   She broke into a run and Everett sprinted after her. A laugh bubbled up inside her and somewhere behind her Everett cursed and Jason shouted in surprise. Marlie laughed and stopped at the car. Shiloh glanced at her in indifference.

   Marlie turns to Everett and hollered "Just how wasted are you?!"

   Everett, out of breath, slowed to a jog and shouted back "Just enough that I'm good for the breathalysers!"

   He stopped and tried to catch his breath. Jason was still walking and Everett gave himself 10 seconds to breathe again.

   He then straightened his back, held out his hand, and said "Marlie. Keys."

   "Woof." Marlie muttered, dangling the keys just above his hand only to snatch them away as he went to grab them.

   "Marceline, I swear to God."

   "Oh yeah?" She grinned and gripped the keys a little tighter. "Which one?"

   "Marlie, give me the damn keys!" He lunged forward with a laugh and Marlie stepped back, caught Jason in the corner of her eye, and roared with laughter when Everett yelped in surprise. "Jason--! Dude let me go!"

   Jason hauled Everett over his shoulder and says "Sorry, man. You're wasted."

   "You wish I was wasted!"