l e o n | d i s c o v e r y

H i d d e n  F e e l i n g s

o n e - p a r t  o n e

l e o n

d i s c o v e r y

I walked into class, with my best friends. Diego Hernandez and Francesca Hernandez. I've practically lived with them since I was five years old. My parents rarely came home, so I ended up at their place. We would usually spend time in the treehouse that Gregorio Casal -their father- had built.

We barely fit in there now, since we were seventeen, and it was built when we were five. At five years old, we could have fights with foam bats. It still hurt at that young age. Now, we had to sit with our legs pressed against our chests.

It was still fun in there nonetheless.

"What do you think Leon?" Diego asks me. I blink a few times, and he realizes I hadn't been listening. "I was saying, while you were so rudely ignoring me, that I wanted to ask out Violetta," Diego explains.

Something stirred inside of me. I shake off the feeling, and tell him it's a good idea. Diego grins, and looks over at Violetta. When she smiled back at him, that feeling came over me again. Francesca gives me a look, noticing my body tense up. I send her a smile and she nods, unconvinced.

Pablo enters the room, and everybody gathers in front of him. He starts speaking about the new show that the Studio was planning. I listen with one ear, still trying to decipher what had just come over me. Francesca squeezes my upper arm, giving me a look saying you will tell me what's going on.

"And for the leads, we have decided on  Leon and Violetta." Pablo says, and everybody claps. I put my hand up, and Pablo nods.

"I don't think I want the lead. Maybe second lead?" I say and Pablo raises his eyebrow.

"Are you sure Leon?" He asks and I nod.

"Okay. Diego can take Leon's place. And then second leads we have Francesca, Leon and Ludmila," Pablo decides.

Everybody nods, and he carries on telling everybody their roles. Natalia was going to compose the songs with help from Maxi and Andres. Broduey and Camila would be in charge of the choreography. Ludmila and Violetta, would work on lyrics for songs.

The rest could help out wherever they wanted. Diego and I decided we would help Federico with all the tech regarding the show. Once Pablo had finished, he left and everybody started speaking. Francesca pulls me to the side, and crosses her arms over her chest.

"Spill," Francesca orders.

"I don't know. Nothing is wrong with me," I protest and she laughs sarcastically.

Sometimes I hated her.

"What's up guys? Leaving me out of a heart to heart talk. I'm wounded," Diego says dramatically, placing his hand on my shoulder.

This was a different feeling. This was a bit more like tingles, shivers running down my arm. I force a laugh and Francesca rolls her eyes.

"We were just talking about how Leon doesn't trust me," Francesca says, pouting.

I stick my tongue out at her, and she smirks. Diego chuckles, and tells Francesca he will talk to me. I didn't want to be left alone with him. I try to send silent signals to Francesca, but she just nods and walks away.

"What's up?" Diego asks.

"The sky," I quip.

"Fucking hilarious  you are," Diego drawls sarcastically.

I smirk and he rolls his eyes. His face turns serious, and I felt a lump form in my chest. He wordlessly pleads for me to tell him what's going on. I always told him and Francesca everything. And I would love to tell them what's going on now. Except I couldn't explain it.

I didn't know what it was.

But it seemed like Diego was triggering these sensations. But why? All this thinking was causing a headache.

"I'm just. . ." I trail off. Should I tell him.

I'm just getting these tingles whenever you are near me, talk about somebody else, oh and whenever you touch me! Do you know what this means? Because I don't have a bloody clue!

"Getting a headache," I finally finish.

"Fine then, don't tell me," Diego huffs.

He walks away and I sigh. In the corner of my eye I see him talk to Francesca. He starts making all these odd hand gestures, moving them all over the place. I let out a soft laugh, and he runs a hand through his black hair, giving it a tousled look.

Woah, that looked hot.

Heck, what am I saying?

Federico comes to speak to me about the tech, but I excuse myself, telling him I wasn't feeling well. Which, wasn't completely a lie. He nods, and tells me to get better. I hope I do Federico. I walk out the room, and out the colourful building.

I imagined Diego asking Violetta out by now. She would squeal and say yes. And that she had always loved him. They would share a passionate kiss, and would run to the closet to have a full on make out. Francesca would probably gag, and would make vomiting actions.

And I would be here. Figuring out what was going with me. And I would come to a conclusion. It was pretty obvious. All the excitement I got when Diego touched me. All the anger I felt towards Violetta all of a sudden, since she had won Diego's heart.

It was clear. The words were in bright, bold letters, that were lighting up.

YOU ARE FALLING FOR DIEGO HERNANDEZ. YOUR BEST FRIEND.

I'm falling for my best friend.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-

What do you think? I hope you liked it! This was pretty straightforward. The next chapter will be Diego's point of view. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It's just the beginning.

Dieletta will play a big role in this book. As well as the Leonesca friendship. Thanks for reading. Sorry for any spelling or grammar errors 💚 I didn't really proofread this properly!

I hope you enjoyed my birthday present for you! On my day I'm giving you something, I'm such a kind person!

~Lexy 😈