Chapter 24- "Your blush is adorable Princess"

Comincia dall'inizio

"Do you really think she'll like it?" I ask her, probably for the hundredth time.

"Oh.My.God Nathan! Yes, she will. I don't think I've ever heard of a more adorable date! She's Scarlett, she goes there when she's sad and says that it makes her feel happy all over again! Imagine how happy she'd be if she goes there when she was happy to begin with!" Lauren asserts.

I give her a huge grin. My sister might be a bit of a tease at times but she's just like my own motivator, she's always right there when I want her! (Yes, a terrible 'Cheerleader' reference but I couldn't help but put it in!)

SCARLETT POV

"Happy One Monthsary, Beautiful!" Nathan says, causing my cheeks to heat up just a little.

"Happy One Monthsary to you too!" I reply, my voice barely audible over all the screaming and shouting that comes naturally with every lunch break. Nathan gives me a smile and locks my hand in his, leading me outside in the ground.

When our fingers touch, mine suddenly become more aware of everything that is happening around. His hands are so warm that I don't want to ever stop holding them. But, for some reason, Nate drops my hand and pats on the ground next to him, signaling me to have a seat as soon as we have reached the guidance counselor's office.

I walk over to him and sit down. He places one hand on my knee and asks, "Do you know why this is my favorite place in this whole school?" I shake my head, for I don't.

"It's because I met you here for the first time. And as cheesy as it sounds, I don't know what would have happened if we hadn't exchanged our fourth period classes. I am so glad Jonathan punched me in the face, Scarlett, for how else would I have realized you liked me back?" he finishes. I just smile modestly at that because I have no idea how to say anything in return that will be even half as meaningful. But, I try anyway.

"I honestly don't know how to react when you're so sweet to me. And bringing me to the guidance counselor's office? Nate, that totally blew me off my feet. I couldn't have come up with something like this; not even if I sat with my thinking cap on for the next million years. I know I don't express myself very well, but I just want you to know that I really, really like you." I finish.

Nathan looks at me and gives me a small smile. His hand moves away from my knee and he laces his hand in mine. I feel that sudden rush of warmth once more. Nathan is honestly like my own personal sun, both literally and figuratively. Not really literally though, I mean that would just be plain weird! I guess I just mean how he always makes me happy and how being next to him is like walking around with a heater.

We sit there for a few minutes, gazing at each other. His twinkling brown eyes bear deep into my green orbs and it feels magical. It feels like nothing else except the two of us exist in that moment and that moment may as well have been the happiest one in my entire life.

Suddenly, a bell rings signaling the end of lunch and I let out an inward groan. I so do not want to leave him and go back to class!

"Get up, lazybones, you know we have to get to class whether we like it or not!" Nathan says. I grunt and get up. He lets out a small chuckle at my attitude. "It's never enough, is it?" he asks, completely voicing my thoughts. I don't know why, but I blush real bad on hearing that and I barely nod.

"Oh and before I forget," he pauses, "Please don't dress up tonight, babe. I want you to look normal because I actually want to get some talking done!" he finishes. I blush a little when I hear him say this and attempt to hide my face, when Nathan whispers, "Your blush is adorable, Princess" and runs off in the opposite direction, into the gym.