Chapter 17

[ANDREW]

UNKNOWN NUMBER.

TUE, 1:32 P.M.

Hey.

I stared at the text for the fifth time today. It was late in the afternoon, past three to be exact. I hadn't replied to it, a little scared that it might be coming from Christopher.

ME.

TUE, 3:28 P.M.

Hello?

Typing...

Please, who's this?

I sent before putting my phone aside. I've been working on my computer for about half an hour now. I yawned tiredly as I rolled my wheelchair away from the study table. The finishing of any book was always mentally exhausting and I've already rewritten the last two chapters three times in a row for this particular one. What I was writing didn't seem right at the moment.

My attention was soon captured by the loud zing of my phone as the screen brightened up on the study table.

I rolled my chair towards the table, picking up the phone to find a reply to my previous message.

UNKNOWN NUMBER.

TUE, 3:32 P.M.

I'm Ace. You messaged me your number online, remember?

I stared down at the reply with a confused expression plastered on my face before replying.

ME.

TUE, 3:34 P.M.

I'm sorry. I don't know what you're talking about.

UNKNOWN NUMBER.

TUE, 3:35 P.M.

Typing...

You don't?

Typing...

I'm from that dating site.

My mind suddenly lit up in realization. I'd asked my mother to do whatever she wanted concerning my love life. She must have really opened up that account.

ME.

TUE, 3:40 P.M.

I'm so sorry!

Typing...

It's my mother (believe it or not.) She kind of insisted.

UNKNOWN NUMBER.

TUE, 3:42 P.M.

Wow...

Typing...

So you're not interested?

Typing...

That's a bummer. You're pretty good looking ;-)