ten

"They're disgusting."

"I agree," Jimin said. He and Yoongi were sat at a table in the back of the cafe, watching as Hoseok and Taehyung fed each other pieces of cupcake. Yoongi had already devoured his and Jimin was licking icing off his periodically, but all together feeling too crummy to enjoy the sweet.

"What even happened? One minute Taehyung is punching you in the face, and the next he's kissing up on my best friend. I don't understand." Yoongi was biting on his finger nails and Jimin reached up and grabbed his hand out of his mouth.

"Bad habit." He said, dropping Yoongi's hand onto the table. Yoongi shrugged and continued biting at his other hand, and this time Jimin decided to ignore him. Jimin cringed when Hoseok wiped icing on Taehyung's nose solely so he could lick it off again. "What are we going to do about this?"

      "What do you mean? Why do we have to do anything about it?" Yoongi asked. He took the bottom of Jimin's discarded cupcake and bit into it. Jimin wrinkled his nose at the fact that Yoongi was ingesting his spit, but didn't say anything.

       "Well, we can't just leave them like that, can we?" Jimin countered, gesturing to the disgustingly cute couple – or whatever they were. Hoseok's plan b, and Taehyung's apparent attempt at giving Jimin a normal life.

       "I don't see why not, it's not like they're hurting anyone. And if they're happy then why does it matter? Don't you want to see your best friend happy?" Yoongi asked.

       "Yes, but Hoseok isn't in love with Taehyung." Jimin sighed and leant his head against his hand. Yoongi just shrugged and continued eating his leftover cupcake. Jimin had stayed up all night with a giggly Taehyung, trying to shake him out of his love-drunk stupor. Needless to say, it didn't work.

       "I need to talk to Seokjin hyung." Jimin muttered to himself. He wished he had a way of getting ahold of the older male, but he just had to hope that Seokjin had the Great Book opened at the time he needed him – which was all the time, really, but Jimin tried to convince himself otherwise.

       Suddenly the giggling got louder, followed by, "Tae, it's Jimin and Yoongi hyung! Hi, guys!" Jimin looked up from the table to see Taehyung and Hoseok walking towards their table, arms wrapped around each other.

       The couple sat down at their table and Jimin glared at them. Yoongi flicked Jimin's arm when he caught him glowering, but Jimin just rolled his eyes and continued to sulk. Hoseok was talking animatedly about something and Taehyung was watching his intently, practically heart eyes emoji for the older boy. Jimin wanted to vomit.

"Hey," Jimin said, almost hesitant. He didn't want to get into a conversation with either of them, not that they were going to listen to him anyway. Hoseok was too busy threading his fingers through Taehyung's hair to pay him any attention, and Taehyung never listened to him anyway, not even when he wasn't artificially in love.

Like he thought, Jimin was completely ignored as Hoseok talked over him and Taehyung ignored him. Yoongi sent him and apologetic smile and Jimin shook his head before standing up from the table. "I have to go," he said. Yoongi started to say something but Jimin walked away before hearing what he had to say.

       He had planned to walk home, really, he had, but when Jimin walked past the small, poorly lit diner he couldn't help but stop. Especially not after seeing someone drinking a milkshake next to the front window. He'd get a milkshake and then go back to trying to fix this, one stop couldn't hurt.

       Before Jimin knew it he was three milkshakes in and slumped over the diner counter, trying not to go into a lactose-induced coma. He perked up slightly when he heard a voice coming from behind him, someone was ordering a strawberry milkshake. Jimin smiled to himself; that reminded him of Seokjin. As did the distinctive smell of cotton candy, and the pink sneakers Jimin could see as the person climbed onto the stool next to him.

       Jimin pulled his head away from his arms, where he'd been cradling it during a nearly painful brain freeze, to see Seokjin sitting next to him with a soft smile on his face. Part of Jimin thought that he was hallucinating – could a sudden rapid intake of milk do that to a person? – but Seokjin set his hand on his shoulder before his fantasies got too far away from him.

"Seokjin hyung," Jimin said quietly. He stared at the older boy fro a minute before tossing himself into his arms – as much as he could while still remaining in his chair. "I don't know what to do because Taehyung used the arrows on himself and Hoseok and now they're in love and I think Yoongi is upset but I don't know and I don't know how to fix it and I'm such a bad matchmaker, I am so bad why don't you just let the council get rid of me and I really don't know what to do–"

"Slow down, Jimin. Everything will work out. I'm helping you, remember? I've got everything under control." Seokjin told him, pushing him back into his seat. Jimin nodded and sighed, resting his head in his hands.

"What am I going to do?" Jimin asked again, shaking his head slightly. He was screwed. He had absolutely no clue what to do, and no way to get Taehyung and Hoseok out of love. The arrows couldn't be taken back, unless the love faded on its own, which was rare.

"Jimin, you're really bad at getting people together, right?" Seokjin said, smiling at the worker as he handed him his milkshake.

"Wow, hyung, thank you you're so helpful."
Jimin said sarcastically, sending Seokjin a lazy glare. He was still groggy from too many milkshakes. And he really had to pee.

"Don't use that tone with me, I'm trying to help you. If you can't get people together, why don't you try breaking them up?" Seokjin suggested. Jimin looked at him oddly as Seokjin sipped on his milkshake. He mulled it over in his head, the idea of forcing the spell to break, but he didn't think it was possible.

"And if it doesn't work?" Jimin asked. Seokjin laughed lightly under his breath, but before Jimin could question it Seokjin was talking again.

       "It'll work, trust me." Seokjin said. Jimin continued to look at him, wondering how Seokjin could be so confident in a plan that had never been tried before – and executed by Jimin, at the very least.

"Now, I need to get back home, but I'll talk to you later, okay?" Seokjin said, grabbing his milkshake off the counter.

"What? Why are you leaving so soon?" Jimin asked as he held onto Seokjin's sleeve. He couldn't just pop up, promise to help him and then leave again.

"Because I came here unauthorized." Seokjin told him. Jimin nodded and let go of Seokjin's sleeve and let him walk away. Jimin sighed and turned back towards the dinner counter and looked at the employee.

"One more milkshake couldn't hurt," he muttered, pointing to a mint one and resting his forehead on the counter.

this was shit i am very sorry it was too short and really bad but a lot of things have happened and i'm super stressed but i needed to update for you guys so here i'm sorry