One

Riley's POV:

I walk into my fathers classroom, History, and take my seat. I look to my left at my best friend, Maya Penelope Hart.

"Hey peaches." I greet her with a smile. She smiles back, "Hey pumpkin."

The bell rings, just as Zay runs into the classroom. "Woo-hoo! I made it!" He says, as we all laugh. I hear Farkle laugh behind me. I turn around, and smile at him. He smiles back.

"Hey riles."

"Hey Farkle."

I turn back around, as my father comes into the classroom. He sets his brief case down on his desk, and places his coat on the back of his chair. "Good morning class."

"Good morning, Mr. Matthews." We all say in Union.

"Okay, first things first. Everyone, find a partner." He says, causing Farkle and Maya to both jump up and yell, "She's mine!" I laugh. Suddenly I'm being pulled back in forth by Farkle and Maya. It's like a game of tug of war, and I'm the rope. "She's my partner!" Maya yells at Farkle. "Over my dead body!" Farkle yells back.

Then, Maya loses her grip on my hand, causing me and Farkle to fall to the ground. Me landing on top of him. He nervously laughs. I laugh too.

"Hello." He says. His cheeks are a light shade of pink.

"Hi Farkle." I reply. "You okay?"

He nods, as I get off of him, and stand up. He stands up too.

"Whoops. Sorry." Maya says.

"It's okay." Farkle and I say at the same time.

Lucas speaks up, "Maya, do you want to be my partner?"

"Sure huckleberry."

"Guess it's you and me." I say to Farkle.

"You and me." He says with a smile. I smile back.

We all sit back down. My dad just chuckles and shakes his head. "Okay, since everyone has a partner. I will now tell you about the assignment you will be working on. You are going to be spending the whole spring break with this person.

"Why sir? What is the point of this assignment?" Lucas asks.

"Why? You don't want to spend a time with me huckleberry?" Maya says, as he laughs.

"I just want to know the point of this assignment, pretty one." She nods. I smile as I see her trying to hide her blush.

"Mr. Friar, the point of this assignment is to make you all more social able. Your generation has been brainwashed by technology. You are always on your electronics, and you miss the bigger picture. That's why, I already talked to all of your parents, and they all signed permission slips to let all of you go on a camping trip this spring break. Oh, one more thing. It's an electronic free camping trip. Which means..." He grabs a plastic container off of his desk. "I'm confiscating all of your phones! Come on, put them in. You will get them back in a week."

"Dad! I need my phone. Pwease daddy." I do the puppy eyes, and poke out my bottom lip.

"Awe, that's cute. Let me think about it. Hm. Okay, you can keep your phone... Not! Put it in there riles." My father says with a big smile.

I turn off my phone and place it in the container with the other phones

Everyone else puts their phones in the container, then he places the container in the filing cabinet, and locks it. "All of your phones are safe. Oh come on guys, this will be a good experience to bond with each other. Each cabin-"

"Wait, we're going to be sleeping in cabins?!" Maya yells, as my father nods. "Why can't we stay at a hotel?"

"Because Maya. Then it wouldn't be a "camping trip." Unless you guys want to just use sleeping bags and tents, so, if I were you, I would be happy that you are in a cabin." My father says, as Maya simply nods.

"Okay." She says, and leans back in her chair a bit.

"Anyways, there will be six of you in a cabin. Three groups in each. Four cabins." We have a big class. "Farkle and Riley. You two will be sharing a cabin with, Lucas and Maya, and Charlie and Zay." Oh great. Charlie. Why?

I raise my hand, "Yes, Ms. Matthews?"

"Why do we have to be paired up in a cabin with Charlie and Zay? Why can't we be paired up with Yogi and Darby? Or Sarah and-"

"Riley. It's settled, you guys will be sharing a cabin together. End of discussion. Now, for the next cabin." He goes back to placing the groups together and giving them a cabin.

*TIME SKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL*

I place my books in my locker and grab my book bag. I shut my locker and start walking down the hallway, to exit the building. Why did he have to put us in the cabin with him.
First he took my phone, then he put me in a cabin with Charlie?

"You okay riles?" I am pulled out of my thoughts by Farkle.

I nod. "I'm fine." He doesn't believe me.

"Riley, I know you better than anyone. What's wrong?" I sigh. "It's Charlie isn't it?"

I nod. He takes my hand in his and gives it a comforting squeeze.

"I don't like that he's staying with us either, but I'm here for you. I'll make sure he doesn't come near you." He says.

"Thank you Farkle."

"No problem. I'll always be here for you. No matter what." He says, making me smile. He smiles too. "I'll see you in an hour."

"See ya then."

We say goodbye before going our separate ways.

This is going to be one long week.