"Great," his brother muttered, "angels are shitty enough now we gotta deal with one that's a basket case."

Dani nearly laughed at the pure annoyance in his voice. It was strange to her how average angels were to the Winchesters that they could complain about the mental state of one. If she were in their position, she would not have held herself together as well as they were.

"If it were a ritual of some sort," she said, trying to get back on track, "what would it be for? What could they be trying to accomplish? Could they be working with others or...?" She trailed off when she caught the knowing, dreading glances the brothers were exchanging. "What?"

"Metatron," Sam sighed.

Dani's eyebrows drew together. "What-tron?"

"Metatron," Dean corrected.

"He's the Scribe of God, and he's powerful as shit," Sam explained. "He kind of tried to take over Heaven as the new God-- but, then again, so has Cas."

She blinked. "Wha--"

Sam continued before she could question, "He's kind of fallen off the map now that he has no grace-- which is basically the thing that makes angels angles-- but he still has followers scattered here and there." He exhaled sharply. "I wouldn't be surprised if this guy's working for him."

"So... what do we do?"

"Gank the son of a bitch," Dean declared bluntly. Dani nodded once, taking this as a perfectly acceptable answer.

Not too long after, they pulled up to a rather large house with yellow siding and tan roofing. White lacy curtains could be seen covering the windows, cutting those indoors off from the outside. A handful of flowers were placed at the door, suggesting to those passing that the family occupying the house have had a death.

"Are you sure having three of us there is such a good idea?" Dani asked. "We don't want to overwhelm her."

Dean turned, one side of his mouth turned up in a lopsided smile that caused one green eye to squint slightly. "That's why Sam's gonna question the mother while you and me search her daughter's room."

She chewed on the inside of her cheek, nodding slowly. Sounds like a secure enough plan. Dani hated questioning the mourning anyways: she was not very good with emotional people. Even so, she felt slightly disappointed that she would not be with Sam. She looked to him to see if he felt the same way, but his face did not show any feeling towards this.

She trailed behind them as the team walked up the stone stairs to the door. Sam pressed the doorbell once and a face appeared in the glass not too long after. The three took out their faux badges and showed them to the woman looking through to them. She squinted and opened the door, wrapping her arms around herself as if to shield her body from the humid air.

"Is this about Hillary?" she asked with a wobbly voice.

Sam smiled sympathetically. "May we come in?"

Mrs. Martinez's dark skin had even darker circles under her eyes; the signs of grief were etched into her skin. Dani felt her heartstrings tug for her-- after all, she had been through what she has once.

"Mrs. Martinez," Dean said softly as they entered. "Do you mind if my partner and I," he gestured to Dani, who smiled tightly, "take a look around Hillary's room?"

She sighed. "Go ahead, it's the second door on your left. But the police already looked."

Dean smiled and headed up the stairs, Dani nodded to her and followed. The plush carpet on the stairs caused her footsteps to be silent, she could hear Sam's soft voice already beginning to ask questions.