Chapter 8

AN: Yes, a totally new chapter! I can hardly believe it myself. It’s all thanks to the lovely deathofblood who gave me the idea to continue. I could kiss you >3<

And I’d like to encourage anyone reading this who has a scenario or idea in their mind regarding the characters in this story, then please let me know. It may help me out, like deathofblood did. And, of course, if I use your idea, you will have that chapter dedicated to you.

-

Chapter 4:

A week had passed since Akito and Raily came to a somewhat unconventional arrangement. Akito would cook for him while Raily kinda acted like his bodyguard. He wasn’t overly obvious about it; he wasn’t the type to don a black suit and glasses, following him everywhere. Which was a shame, as Raily would look good in a suit. But Akito still felt his presence.

Seika thought it was absolutely wonderful and Akito had often found her standing and watching at a distance, scribbling in a note book that she constantly carried with her now. And she would get this wicked glint in her eyes whenever he and Raily interacted.

Sitting in his room, his attempt to complete his homework was long abandoned. It was hard to concentrate when he found his mind wondering often. Akito had always been a bit airy, a bit of a day dreamer. But instead of trying to imagine what kind of career he could do, his mind had been wondering to a particular person.

Yeah, it didn’t take a genius to know that he was thinking about Raily. A lot.

And it wasn’t those kind of thoughts either! The older man made him curious, made him want to know more about him.

He was pining for Raily, he realised swiftly that he was. But he shouldn’t be constantly thinking of him. He was nearly 18. He should be thinking about what he wanted to do with his life, what he wanted to be.

And he had no idea what he wanted to do when he finished high school. Joel wanted to be an architect, so already had a university of which he wanted to go to already lined up. And Seika wanted to be a writer.

The only things Akito was actually good at, in his opinion anyway, was cooking. But that was a hard career path, that one. Becoming a chef was a lot of hard, strenuous work. Sure, it sounded glamorous, but it wasn’t in reality. Multiple chefs crammed in one kitchen, the banging of pots, the yelling of orders, the steam, the heat, the smell. Not to mention the heavy lifting, bulk cooking, the need to be perfect in the cutting of food and presentation. And you had to be utterly anal about cleanliness.

A lot of stress.

Someone might enjoy that kind of environment, but not Akito. Stress was not good for him. Becoming a personal chef would be better for him, but he would have to go through years and years as a kitchen hand, cook and then chef in an industrial kitchen before he could even be considered for that role.

The other thing he was relatively good at was photography. Every Christmas since he was 14 years old he had played photographer for the town, taking pictures of kids sitting on Santa’s knee. He enjoyed it and he actually got paid for it as well. But Christmas only comes once a year and his camera equipment was getting on in years. He really needed to update it. But he was lacking in the money.

Thinking of his camera made Akito suddenly realise that he needed to buy another memory card for it. His old one was full and his computer was in the process of having a fit of some kind. He didn’t like to go too long without a memory card as he had taken up the habit of photographing nature. Hey, in a country town like this, nature was everywhere.

Looking at the clock, Akito had roughly about 15 minutes before the local shop closed. He better be quick.

“Where are you going?”