Chapter 8

Chapter 8: The prophecy begins to unfold

~~~Ray Hook's P.O.V.~~~

The moment I heard the door slam open I knew who that person was, and what that person was here for; me. “Ray! Get your ass over here now!” Shadow shouts and my blood runs cold.God, I thought when we ran that I would at least have a week, not only a couple days. I just got Wen back a few hours ago and now I’m going to die due to a stupid promise I made to shadow.

“Hey! What was that noise?” I hear Peter yell in his thick British accent as he runs into the living room. He stops dead in his tracks once he sees Shadow standing in the doorway with the splinters of wood from the door surrounding his feet. “You didn’t have to wreck the door, it was unlocked.” Peter growls as Shadow steps further into the living room.

“Where is that bastard?” Shadow spits back at Peter as he scans the room for me. The moment he spots me in the hallway he is instantly in front of me. “I’m here for what you promised me Ray. And I plan on getting it.”  

“Well you can’t have it.” Wen stubbornly says as she steps between me and Shadow with complete determination and confidence. Head held high, and arms crossed over her chest she stares straight into his blazing red eyes, daring him to do something. Wow, I have never seen this side of Wen before… Well except for when she came upon my father's ship.

“Wen, what are you doing?” I hiss at the back of her head. “This is not your fight, you don’t need to interfere.”

Without turning to look at me Wen answers. “This is my fight Ray so I have every right to interfere. If it weren't for me none of this would be happening.”

“Oh sweet, innocent Wendy. Ray has a good point; this is not your fight.” Shadow says and he pushes her out of his way and steps closer to me. “Give me your hand Ray, I promise to make it quick and painless.”

~~~Wendy Darling's P.O.V.~~~

Ray brings his hand up shakingly and just before Shadow can touch him I jump to my feet pushing Ray out of the way and take Shadows hand before either of them have time to process what is happening.

I hear Ray and Peter scream at me but their cries and pleads have faded to a dull whisper as everything starts to blur. Seconds before I black out I see Tink run out of the kitchen with a large knife and stab it right into Shadows heart, just like we planned. His hold on my hand disappears and he crumbles to the ground, lifeless.

Suddenly, the ground beneath my feet seems to shift and I lose my balance and just before I hit the ground I feel Rays catch me and pick me up. Then everything goes black.

~~~Tinker Bell’s P.O.V.~~~

I watched Shadow crumble to the ground with a smirk on my face, I’ve been wanting to do that for so long. Looking up from his dead body I see Wendy start to waver and Ray catches her before she can hit the ground. Wait, that wasn’t supposed to happen. I step over Shadows body and help Ray lay Wendy down on the couch and then we just sit there waiting for her to get up… This is going to be a long night.

~~~Peter Pan’s P.O.V.~~~

Holy crap. Holy crap. Wendy just collapsed. This is not good, Shadow must have taken a lot of her emotions for her to go unconscious. This is not good, not good at all. What do we do? Ugh, this is all my fault!

Smack! “Ouch!” I yelp and place a hand on my cheek which I am positive is beet red from the slap I just received from Tinker Bell. For such a small pixie, she sure can cause damage; I’m just happy that she didn’t hit me with the frying pan. “What was that for?”