Chapter 7

Chapter 7: The Consequence of Living Again

~~~Wendy’s P.O.V.~~~

I am suddenly awoken from my peaceful sleep by the loud buzzing in my ears. The sound just gets louder and louder and soon I am covering my ears and screaming at the top of my lungs. After what seems like hours on end I feel someone run to my side and embrace me in their arms. “Shush Wen, it’s okay. You’re okay.” Ray says in a lulling voice.

“Make it stop.” I beg and bury my face in his shirt cringing as the noise continues to grow increasingly louder as the minutes pass. “Please, it hurts.”

Ray pulls away and cups my face in his gentle hands, then he gives me a confused and worried look. “What’s wrong? Is it your eye?” Ray asks and my hand immediately shots up to touch my eye and I’m surprised to feel a piece of fabric covering it. I pull it off only to find that I can’t see from it. That’s strange, I know my eye is open right now.  

Oh my god, I think I’m hyperventilating. “Ray why can’t I see from this eye?” I ask in between my labored breaths but as soon as I’m done asking the question the buzzing noise intently starts up again and I cover my ears once more to no avail. “Agh!”   

“Um... Well you see, when Peter was torturing you he kind of lashed your eye.” Ray says sadly and pulls the piece of fabric back over my eye. “Your blind in that eye now. I’m sorry, we tried to fix it but it just seemed to make it worse.”

~~~Ray’s P.O.V.~~~

The look on her face once I told her that was so sad, I could hear my heart break. “So I’ll never be able to see out of this eye again.” Wen whisper sadly but then the heartbreaking look turns into a look of hatred. “I am going to kill him! That sick bastard thinks he can get away with what he did to me?” She screams and when she notices Peter standing there, I have to hold her back from ripping him to shreds.   

I feel so bad for Peter, my old childhood friend has been turned into a murderer unwillingly and now that he has his emotions back he’s a complete wreck. Peter hasn’t stopped crying for the past week, and it doesn’t help whenever he sees Wen. Giving him his emotions back makes me feel so bad because it is causing him so much pain.

“Let her go Ray.” Peter whispers and hangs his head. “I deserve to die for all of those innocent people I have kill.” With that he crumbles to the ground and starts to cry again. Wen relaxes in my arms and when I let her go she slowly and cautiously makes her way over to him.

I watch carefully as she sits beside him and pulls him to a hug while gently rocking back and forth. “Hey, it’s okay. I forgive you.” Wen whispers and I see the tears stream down her face as if she is sharing his pain.

~~~Peter’s P.O.V.~~~

When she says those forgiving words I stare up at her and am surprised to see that she is crying as well. “But I hurt you and did things to you. How could you forgive someone for doing those things?” I ask and she cups my face in her hands while gazing into my eyes.

Her eyes soften and she wipes away my tears. “I can see that you are not the person how did those things. I can see that your eyes, heart and brain were clouded by a monster. I see that you are not the person you were when I was at your place. It was Shadow, he got inside of you and used you as a puppet for evil.” Wen says while never taking her eyes off of mine, then she pulls me in for another hug. “How could I blame you for things you had no control over?”

I’m about to say something when she pulls back suddenly and screams, gripping her ears tightly. “No, no, no.” I whisper and run off into the kitchen to get Tinkerbell, she’ll know what to do.