Chapter 5

A/N: Hey there guys!! I'm sorry that this chp has taken so long but I wanted to add more detail and make it a bit longer for you guys!!!! 118 readers!!!!!! you guys don't know how happy I am. I never thought that this many people would read my story!!!!!! I'm thinking of setting goals for each chp, tell me what you think and please feel free to comment or vote!!!! ~~~I'd love to hear what you guys think of the story so far and if you have tips to help inprove it I'm all ears!!!

Chapter 5: In the Hands of a Murderer

~~~Wendy's P.O.V.~~~

I feel something jab into my side and I let out a slight groan. It's dark wherever I am and it takes awhile for my eyes to adjust. Looking around at my souroundings I rub my temples. My head feels as if a bom went off inside of it. The muscles in my body ache from laying on this hard concrete floor. Wait. Where am I?

"Get up now!" a booming voice with a thick English accent commands and I quickly turn to see a young man dressed in all black, ripped up clothes with a black hat with a red feather sticking out of it . He looks nothing like Ray at all, Ray may look tough but really he’s a big softy. This guy has Autumn colored hair and looks tough as a rock, through and through.“Hello there love. Are you deaf, or are you just going to ignore me?”

I stare up at him in shock and when I try to speak my brain fails. “I um, um well I, uh...” I let out a long sigh and just give up. I am surprised when Peter laughs and kneels beside me, taking my face in his hands. My breath catches in my throat as I look into the black holes that are his eyes. They seem as if they could hold the entire universe inside of them, it’s stunning.His eyes also seem to hold no emotion at all, they seem dead.

“So you’re the famous Wendy Darling?” Peter smiles when he says my name, but the smile doesn’t reach his eyes, that’s what truly scares me. “Well isn’t this just a grand pleasure! It’s an honor to met the young lady for whom the pirates want dead.”

“But why do they want me dead? I didn’t do anything to them to make them want to kill me.” I wince as I remember the night that I came onto their ship, they instantly pulled their weapons on me and tried to kill me right then and there. What I did that night was merely self-defence, and I still have that nasty gash in my hand.

“That is true, you didn’t do anything. Yet.” Peter whispers dryly and stands up and then offers me his hand, and when I take it he lifts me to my feet and leads me to what appears to be a door. “You see Wendy, the pirates have a certain legend in which a young lady like yourself, will come and destroy every last one of them.”

I am about to ask him to elaborate a little more when he opens the door and I have to shield my eyes because we have just gone from a dark black room, to a bright white one. My retinas are still burning as I look over at Peter who seems to be unaffected by the binding light.

“Right this way.” Peter instructs as he opens another door and when I look into the room I’m surprised to find that it is a kitchen. It, like every other room so far, is white. There is white sparkling countertops and floors and with further inspection I see that the sparkles are actually gold dust that has been molded into it. In the center of it all is a giant chandelier with thousands of diamonds on different colored jewels. My breathe is caught in my throat as I stare at all of the priceless pieces of artwork on the walls. It’s beautiful.  

It is Peter who takes me out of my dase. “I am so sorry for the way Shadow treated you, it’s not like him to act that way.” Peter gives me the empty apology as he picks up a cup of coffee and slowly takes a sip from it as he looks at me with vacant eyes.

I tilt my head to the side and give him a confused look. “Um... Who is Shadow?” I ask him and he stares at me for a few seconds and then slowly places the mug of coffee back on the counter and takes a seat beside me. I turn so that we are facing and when Peter looks me in the eyes it feels as if someone ran a frozen finger down my spine.