Forward

I never really considered the possibility of settling down somewhere nice. All my life, I have been nomadic; traveling from one region to another, yet traveling is not even as futuristic as I want it to be. The year is 480 CE, and at times, moving around can be either exciting, or you're running to avoid wars.

I am moving to China after making my way from a city called Gades just at the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, all the way across Europe and down South to that very place. It is the fourth largest kingdom in the world; large enough to have a lot of places for me to explore if no circumstances get in the way to make us move again. I couldn't wait to see the Great Wall, the Himalayas, the Forbidden City, ride in a rickshaw, and learn how to eat with chopsticks. Life is such an adventure, so learn to get out there and live it while you're young.

This is where I hoped to settle for now, as I needed a break from all this running around due to war, starvation, failed business, and so on. But, here was also where I felt my future in this foreign place turned into darkness: The day the torches came, the day that I ran for my life into the unknown, and into the cold pass of the mountains with the wind blowing hard.

That was when they came, the ones responsible for destroying what was supposed to be my new home. I don't know what could have been better: being killed, or being captured. I am tied up wherever I go, and he never lets me out of his sight. I fear that when I disobey him, or say something I wasn't supposed to say, his methods of punishment hurt like hell and leave me traumatized for days.

I feel that everything I do or say makes him angry. So every day I wait for the time when he will unsheathe his jagged sword, and put me out of my misery.

Yet he never does, I have nothing left to live for, ever since the day he found me in the pass.

Why won't you just kill me?

A/N: I do not own Mulan nor do I own any of the characters from the movie portrayed in this story. Any content from the movie belongs to Disney and I only wish to write this story to express my love for my favourite Disney villain: Shan Yu. The plot and original characters belong to me however. To Miguel Ferrer for bringing the character Shan Yu to life and making my childhood awesome, and to AnotherLocust for helping me piece this story together. This is my first mature rated story. Hope you enjoy. ~Emi