Chapter 21 - Treachery

When morning broke, I opened my eyes slowly and the tent was bright and sunny from the beams peaking through the opening towards me. I had never slept better in all my days out in the mountains. Shan Yu lay beside me and his arms were wrapped tight around my waist and belly; he had spooned me all night and I never felt warmer. I gazed around the tent and heard a gentle breeze brush against its walls. Now that everything was settled, perhaps it was time to get the invasion back on track.

But the question was, would I be okay with any of the actions Shan Yu chose to take against the Imperial city? He was the man I loved now, but that did not mean my own morals would change to match his in order to survive. Killing in cold blood seemed like his policy and for me it depended greatly on who it was about to be killed. I don't want to think about this right now, he would tell me not to think about it either. I turned over to face him and his eyes were still shut. He breathed slowly and stirred; my love will be awake soon. I just want to stay with him forever. I thought as I slowly stroked his abundant black hair; it was so thick and smooth between my fingers, no doubt that was one of the things that made him beautiful. Beautiful, I never thought I would see him that way but I do now.

Shan Yu stirred in his sleep again and I felt his arms rub my back. I gazed at his lovely sleeping visage; when his eyes were shut it was like they were completely obscured by his thick black brows. I smiled waiting and soon enough his eyes opened slowly and there came the dark and golden sclera gazing back at me.

"Good morning," I whispered followed by a short giggle,

He grinned and pulled me closer to him, "Good morning my love, watching me sleep aren't you?"

I giggled again, "Oh no, just for a little while, you looked so peaceful though,"

"You sneaky little girl, I ought to punish you for that!" He growled, but at the same time he was still smiling and his tone clearly indicated he was joking,

"Oh no, my warlord wants to hurt me!" I cried out, laughing a little more as he pulled me closer and his hands dug under my tunic feeling my soft skin beneath and my laughter diminished instantly as he pulled it over my head.

Then his lips were locked with mine; his kisses were intense, there was no stopping them as I started frantically kissing him back and my arms traced the furs of his tunic looking for an opening. He was ready for another go in the morning and for some reason, so was I. He pulled away seconds later.

"Sometimes I wish there was no war to fight now that I have you," he said, his breath was on my face, warmer than the sun's rays,

"I wish the same," I whispered, then he moved downward with a lustful grin and began planting kisses on my belly. I lay still and relaxed in the moment of pleasure, this was exactly the way I wanted everything to be right here and right now; each kiss was soft and warm like the light touch of flames.

"Your men will be up soon, won't they want to know if today's the day we move?" I asked without moving after a few more kisses.

He stopped, "Yes they will be, but I want to cherish every moment with my beloved prize before the invasion, don't you want to?"

He was right, there was still time after all, I thought as his head rose and was parallel to mine once again,

"Perhaps one more time?"

I gazed into his beautiful dark eyes, and my lips curved into a wide smile, "Before the storm? I'm sure once we take the Imperial city it'll be in a luxurious bed much more comfortable, but yes why not now too, before the fight? It might make you fight better,"

He turned me onto my back and rose up knowing that my words meant I wanted it. I lay and waited listening to the sound of his tunic rustling as he removed it. I felt a sensation already and it must have come from the intense belly kisses he had given me. Then he was looking down at me; naked and ready. My heart raced; I preferred to look into his eyes when we made love; knowing that he had gained my trust. Then without hesitating he lunged forward and then he was inside me once again.