Would you Rather

~*~*~*~*~Shisui~*~*~*~*~

(BANG BANG BANG)

Shisui tossed and turned in his bed.

(BANG BANG BANG BANG)

Next he placed a pillow over his ears as an attempt to block out the noise.

(BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG) "Shisui!"

He still wanted to ignore it, but the sound off his cousin's voice forced him to crawl out of bed. He let out a yawn then finally opened the door.

"Hey Itachi, shouldn't you be making breakfast for (Name) or something, instead of banging on my door?" Itachi forced his way into the house, and he was pacing the living room, mumbling to himself. Shisui looked back at him confused.

"So I take it things didn't go well..." Itachi walked up to Shisui and grabbed his shoulders.

"She's not human!" Shisui's eyes lit up at Itachi's words.

"Oooh so she was a freak in the bedroom huh? Tell me everything!"

"No you idiot. We didn't do any of that...I wanted to but..."

"Come on, lets just take a seat and you can tell me start to finish everything that happened."

~*~*~*~*~Itachi~*~*~*~*~

Itachi was like a cup of water and spilled everything to his cousin. He remembered (Name's) icy blue stare, and shivered at the thought of her possibly not having legs. He knew Shisui wouldn't believe him but what could he expect? The story was like something from a fairy tale. A girl that's unworldly, dangerous, unpredictable, and yet he still wants to chase after her. Knowing well that she could be a problem.

"Damn it, what am I thinking? I shouldn't be bothering you with this I should go after her. I have no idea where she could've ran off though..." Itachi stood up and made this way to the door.

"Sorry for waking you, I'll see you later." Shisui let out a sigh and ran his fingers through his hair.

"She must be something if Itachi's freaking out this much over her. Wonder if they'll make it."

~*~*~*~*~(Name)~*~*~*~*~

You kept walking wanting to be as far as possible from the hidden leaf. As far as possible from the dream that can never come true. The real problem was that you didn't know where you were walking.

"I can't believe I left my bag...I'm screwed without my map. My journal is gone too." Truth is it wouldn't be so bad if you took a normal rout, but you knew if you did that you'd end up passing by the cliff side. The place where you started an innocent game with a stranger. Those memories so short lived were enough to cause you to break. You've been hit on, but never hit.

Itachi was the one that managed to crack your hard shell and your deep hatred towards people. A hatred that developed once you realized no one would accept you if they saw your other form. He gave you hope but now that it didn't work out, your shell will return again. Tears began to form but you quickly wiped them away.

"What was I thinking... I'm alone. That's how it always has been, and that will never change." You keep walking but this time you aren't looking for a home...

~*~*~*~*~Itachi~*~*~*~*~

He observed the bag with extreme curiosity. He wavered in his mind whether he should look inside. He wondered what it was about you that made him feel this way. What it was that made him kiss you- a complete stranger.

"I should probably stay way, but for some reason I can't. This bag could be my only way of getting some information about her." And with that thought he opened the bag. Inside it was a map, a few kunai, a small dagger, some souvenirs, most likely from the places she's visited, and a book. The book caught his eye and he opened it to the first page.

~*~Page1~*~

My name is (Name) I don't have a last name because I don't know who my parents are. I was six years old when I woke up in a small village with an odd mark on my shoulder and no memory of anything prier to that. The village people took me in, they were kind to me and life was fairly good. I'd help out around the village and play with the other little kids. I had been living there for almost two full years in peace, but something happened.

One of the village kids decided to make fun of me because I didn't have a family. I remember getting angry, the aura around me turning dark... and my hair turning white. The mark on my shoulder stung. It frightened everyone in the village including myself. After that experience I was completely shut out. I was living in an abandoned shack, far from everyone else. Soon I started to grow hungry, I had to resort to stealing from the village people.

After awhile they caught on to me and readied their weapons to scare me away. My hair turned white, just as it did before, but my eyes also changed and the people that tried to charge at me weren't able to move for days after looking into my cold blue eyes. But even that wasn't all.

They attacked me. Tried to kill me. I would never have been able to defend myself if it weren't for my curse, then again life would be peaceful without it. My hair turned white, eyes turned blue, the most horrifying thing was that I lost my legs.

That night is sort of a blur to me. I know I went on a rampage, and that I killed a few people. My legs were back the next morning and I woke up surrounded by my dead victims. I couldn't stay there anymore. I was ten years old when I finally left and with me were kunai and a dagger I looted from two of the dead bodies. I took them to remind myself of what I had become over the years, and so I could use weapons to defend myself rather than return to my other form.

It's been a year since I left the village. I can still remember the whispers of the village people, the ones that gave me a new name. Nure-Onna.

~*~*~*~*~

Itachi read the words on the page over and over. Remembering the sight of (Name's) other form.

"This is her journal...Nure-Onna?"

To be continued...