Chapter One

^Miki's POV^

Today's my first day at the Ouran Academy and I'm a bit nervous. My parents, Aki and Yugi Tamamoto, are the creators of an American computer company, Dell. I'm their only child and I'm also a secret.

When my mother first became pregnant, my father desperately wanted a son. When I was born, my mother rejected me due to the fact that I wasn't the heir she wanted. Yugi told everyone that she had a stillborn so that she wouldn't have to explain the reason for not having an heir to the company.

My father, on the other hand, gave me love and warmth. He would sometimes play with me if he had some time off work. However, Aki rarely left the office, so he assigned a maid to watch over me as if I was her own daughter.

Ever since I was ten, Hanako Tanaka, the maid taking care of me, explained to me why my parents never acknowledged my existence. I'm now sixteen and I've been mute since then.

'Just relax,' I think to myself as I walk into class 1-A, 'your pink hair doesn't stick out...that much.'

"Hey," a pair of identical orange haired boys chime in my direction, "you're the new girl, right? I didn't know that commoners dyed their hair."

Commoners? They think I'm a commoner? I'm gonna have to ask Hanako what lie she told about me. I stared at the identical boys in confusion as they keep asking me the same question over and over.

"Hikaru, Karou," a short haired brown boy states, "leave her alone. You're scaring her. Hi, I'm Haruhi Fujioka. Sorry about these two, they don't realize how annoying they can be."

I bow in respect and am so grateful when the teacher starts class. When the teacher's back is turned, I pass Haruhi a note.

'Hello. I'm Miki Tanaka. Thanks for getting those odd twins away from me.'

'No problem,' Haruhi writes back, 'Hikaru and Karou can be annoying at times. I noticed that you're new here, would you like me to show you around school?'

'I'd love that, Haruhi!' I smile at Haruhi as he looks at me after reading my response. I'm so glad I'm sitting by him and not the odd twins.

~~~~~

"And this is Music Room 3. It's also the headquarters of the Ouran Host Club," Haruhi states with a glare on his face.

"What's the Host Club," I write on a sheet of paper.

"We'll show you," the orange haired twins pop out from nowhere and each of them slings an arm over my shoulder as they push the doors open.

I'm briefly blinded by a bright light and rose petals. As I regain my vision, I'm faced with four gorgeous guys, the Hitachiin twins, and Haruhi.

"Welcome," they cheerfully sing in sync.

"Is this your first time at the Host Club, princess," a tall blonde guy asks me while gently caressing my cheek.

Without thinking, I blush and push the handsome Host Club member away from me. As Haruhi starts making his way to me, I quickly turn around and run out of Music Room 3.

'What the hell,' I think to myself, 'why would a guy as attractive as that blonde guy call me princess?! Why did he caress my cheek?! What the hell is a Host Club?!'

My thoughts get interrupted when I almost run into a limo. Knowing my parents won't let me come home in one of the family limos, I continue running all the way home.

^Tamaki's POV^

"Kyouya," I begin while still facing the closed Music Room door, "who was that?"

"Miki Tanaka. She's from a semi-wealthy commoner family that specializes in caring for the Tamamoto family. That's all the information the school has. I'll use my sources to find out more about this strange pink haired student," Kyouya states while never looking up from his black book.

"Senpai," Haruhi almost growls, "you scared her! She's a shy girl and you made her run off!"

Haruhi's words hit me like a rock and I begin sulking in the fetal position like normal. As Hikaru and Karou try to bring my mood up, I can't help but think about the beautiful Miki. She must've gotten here through a scholarship program, like Haruhi.

"Haruhi," I seriously state while standing up, "bring her to the Host Club tomorrow after class."

"But senpai-" I cut Haruhi off by shoving a cookie in her mouth.

"No buts. Bring her here tomorrow or I'll have Kyoya add more to your debt."

"Fine. But I can't guarantee that she won't run off again, senpai."

"You just bring her here and Hikaru, Karou, and I will handle the rest."

"What do you have in mind, boss," Hikaru asks.

"I'll explain everything when club's over today. As of now, we just need to wait for Kyoya to dig up more information about Ms. Tanaka."