Chapter 23. Welcome to Her Insanity

Start from the beginning

He looked down the hall, needing to know what who pursuing her. 'Is it that Justin fuck?'. He waited. Still no one showed themselves. Ellie wasn't moving at all. Her chest heaving, but she was trying to steady her breaths. 'I know I heard another set of footsteps.' Frank pondered, but he started to doubt himself about hearing anything other than Ellie.

He looked at her again. 'Has she finally lost her mind in this house all alone?'

Just as he decided he had seen enough, and needed to confront her over what ever it was she was doing, she gave a shrill squeal and took off like a shot up the stairs.

She made it about halfway up when she abruptly stopped, and wrapped her arms around... nothing. Kissed...Nothing, and started moaning at... nothing.

Frank could not move. He could not process whatever the hell he was watching, and suddenly felt like he was intruding on lovers in an intimate moment.. but it was only Ellie. Alone. He watched her as she started stepping up the stairs backwards, (at a rather odd angle he noticed), and continued 'kissing air, and moaning', until she reached her bedroom (out of his line of sight) then heard the door shut.

'What the Actual Fuck was that?!!' His mind was screaming.

Frank was not sure what to do. Part of him wanted to just turn around, lock the door, go home, and forget this ever happened. Another part of him really wanted to know what the hell was going on. Before he knew it he was at the bottom of the stairs, and decided to go up and listen to see if he could hear anything else. He slowly ascended the staircase. He could hear little gasps and giggles coming from the other side of the bedroom door.

'Please just let her be fucking with me right now....' With as well as he knew Ellie was a prankster, deep down, he knew she would probably never go this far, just to mess with him.

The thought occurred to him that Ellie could just be pleasuring herself. It's natural, and a totally normal thing to do... but with the 'theatrics' of what he just saw.... maybe she has been a little too lonely lately.  'perhaps she has totally lost touch with reality.'.

As he was deciding if she was taking something that was a healthy human thing, and making it into something else, he heard a breathy Ellie moan a name.

Not just any name.

"Ohhh Gerard..."

Frank looked at the door, not even realizing that tears were forming in his eyes. Anger and sadness ran through his veins.   He's already lost his friend to murder, and now he is loosing Ellie to insanity? He couldn't deal with all the thoughts, and emotions running through his head.  So he did the only thing he could do. 

He turned, quickly descended the stairs, ran through the living room, the foyer, and out of the house.

~~~~

"Frankie? What's wrong baby?" Jamia had been watching her husband since he got home a couple of hours ago. He just was not acting like himself. Something had upset him, but he wasn't mad, he was just... she couldn't put her finger on it. Confused? She was pretty sure Confused was about right, but it was defiantly mixed with sadness, and perhaps a little anger. She had given him his space now for a couple of hours, but she decided that he needed to talk about it, and honestly, she just could not watch him suffer anymore.

He still hadn't answered her. "Frankie..." She made her voice a little more clear. Still, no reaction. He was still sitting at the dining room table, looking out into the back yard where the children were playing.