Chapter 19. Well, Blush my Buff!

After an interminable time of leaning up against the door remembering the past, and the times he had spent with his friends, Gerard slowly came back to the present, and remembered the woman upstairs... the women he loved. Ill, and possibly needing him.

He pushed himself off of the door, ran up the stairs and opened the door as quietly as possible as to not wake her. After closing the door, he turned his head, and focused on the bed that Ellie was sleeping in... well, where she was suppose to be sleeping. He turned from the empty bed, and caught sight of her on the far side of the room.

Without a single item of clothing on.

He couldn't move. There stood Ellie, sunlight reflecting off her pale skin, while she was picking through her lingerie drawer. Just at that moment, she looked up into the mirror, and saw a pair of hazel eyes watching her.

Without thinking, she turned towards him before remembering to cover herself. "Holy Crap!"  Her hands flew up to try to save whatever was left of her modesty. "Gerard!"

~~

He was frozen in place.. He knew he should look away. He wanted to look away. He just couldn't look away. Then she looked up and they made eye contact. It seemed that she was just as frozen as he was... until she turn towards him before remembering to cover herself.

"Holy Crap... Gerard!"

"S...So..Oh.. Sorry!" He regained control of his body again.. finally. He turned back towards the bed, and the messy covers she had left behind. "I'm sorry Ellie.. so sorry." He kept repeating. Knowing he was a red as the pillow cases on the bed.

"When Frank said you were sick... an.. and you were asleep, I... I was worried, and wanted to come and see if you needed anything." He knew he was rambling, but couldn't help it.

He dropped his head and listened to the sound of cloth slipping over skin. He closed his eyes, trying not to envision it. But it was too late, and he felt his body start to react on it's own.

"It's okay... it's fine... just don't turn around yet." She sounded out of breath.

Gerard knew she was going to be as embarrassed as he was, maybe more... although from what he saw, she had no reason to be. He noticed the knot he had in his stomach, and his member actually gave a twitch.

'Get a hold of yourself, damn it!'  Thank heaven he had the sensible voice in his head today.

'Better yet, why don't you let her get a handle on you...' He felt himself start to flush brighter. Apparently he had the asshole voice today too.

~~

"It's fine.. okay... I'm good now." Her words trailing off ever so slightly.

Unsure of herself, she stood there waiting for him to turn around.  And she waited.   And waited.

...And waited....

Finally she saw his back straighten, and his shoulders started to turn...  She steeled herself, and readied to face him with her head held high, as well as willing the bright blush on her cheeks to go away.

Gerard however... without lifting his head, turned...  and ran out of the door.

Without thinking, she followed. He was muttering to himself, and she could not quite hear what he was saying.

About halfway down the stairs, he abruptly turned and headed back up the stairs. Unaware that Ellie had been so close to him... (unaware that she had been following him at all ), he ran straight into her, causing her to fall backwards onto the stairway.