CHAPTER IV

"I will make it up to you, Sarah . I promise . ''

His words are still haunting me . I still can't make out what he meant by that . What is he gonna do now . He already broke me once . What does he expect me to do now . He obviously cannot expect me to forgive him for just walking out of my life . He wasn't even there when I needed him the most . Well, yes I had Demi and Titania but they could not be there for me . They had their lives and well I never told them anything .

It's not that I don't trust them or anything. They are my life but I didn't want them to pity me or feel sorry for me. One thing I completely hate is the look of pity people give me and I could not have beared to see it in their eyes . Already Demi and Aidan were having their share of problems and Titania was in Paris working as an intern to lady Christina keath as the first step towards her long awaited dream in the fashion industry. I couldn't weigh them down with my problems too.

I wasn't exactly even a damsel in distress because I had already started to earn with my books and all . So when uncle and aunty threw me out of my own house after well that happened  , I wasnt really stranded . Though I was depressed and well there was a time I had almost quit life . I didn't really feel like continuing my life when I saw those who I trusted abandoning me .

First Blake and then my parents. I thought I won't be able to bear if Titania and Demi left me to , so I tried walking out of theirs as well as my life all together .

Well thankfully that didn't quite work out as you can see I am here .

Coming back to the topic at hand , so yes I needed Blake at that time but he chose to walk away from me and here he comes today . Who does he think he is ?! I will certainly not forgive him and even if I do I would not be able to forget his betrayal . Yes, I was still jealous of her. His high school girlfriend but can you blame me ??
He was my best friend and also the one I loved and then one fine day he walks away from me breaking and tearing me apart and into her arms .

It wasn't only that he dated her which obviously did hurt but I had seen him date before and I would have somehow coped up . But now that he knew about my feelings he felt awkward around me and suddenly cut me off one day.

I don't even have the right words to describe how I felt that day . The day we went trekking . You know just us two like we always used to . I felt something stir that day but I couldn't place a finger on it . He did warn me though . He said let's enjoy like it's the last for us but how was I supposed to know that the guy I trusted so much would all of a sudden dis-appear. She called him and told him she didn't have a ride back from the mall and guess what ?! He ran for it . He told me he will be back to pick me up but I guess he just forgot and left his friend in the wilderness. I walked back home that night . The next day he didn't meet me . This continued for a whole month where I would say hi and he would coldly reply or just wave back and then would leave with her in his arms . I didn't know that I could be so delicate to break due to a guy.

But I did and I cannot forget that burn, that feeling as I couldn't get enough oxygen , as if my world was crashing down as if I was all of a sudden left alone again .

I look at Demi and see him standing next to her smiling . Why did you have to leave Blake ?! I sniff not realising I was crying and when I did I dashed for the washroom..

After trying to stop the flow of my deeply saddened tears I was about to walk out when someone bangs on the door.

'' Sarah I know you're in there. What happened ?! Are you all right . Is that sobbing I hear ?? Why are you crying ?? Sarah open this damn door you know how I get when I hear you cry.'' I hear a familiar voice and practically jump in air !!!

''Titania, you're back !!! How was Paris babes ?! I missed you so so much !! So now our little lady is the world famous designer. Oh how proud I am !!!''

''Well look who's talking . You're the Stephen King of the genre man . What are you talking about ?! You're the youngest....''

''Shhhhh shutup man . You can't go all screaming on the top of your lungs. This world is filled with massoginists and I don't want them to have something to discuss .'' I look at her . She looks gorgeous. She was always the prettiest among us . Her white flower printed dress sticks to her body keeping nothing for the guys to think about. Everything on the display.

'Anyways, Sarah I know you were crying. What happened ?!'...
'Oh shit, it's Blake isn't it ? You aren't over him are you ? Why are you doing this to yourself ?'.

I was astounded as to think how this petite little girl always knew me. Without me even saying a word how did she know it was blake, but atleast she was wrong about one thing.

'Titania, it's not that I ain't over him, because I am. It's just that I can't look at him. He brings out all the raw emotions I had buried. He makes me remember about his betrayal. He abandoned me ......' and yes I break into those sobs again. I feel so pathetic, so weak. I always hated to cry for a guy, but Blake wasn't any guy. He was once my best friend, someone I trusted completely with my life. For heaven's sake I loved him. I would have done anything for him. As cheesy as it sounds I would have jumped through the cliffs if he would have told me to and in a way he did.

I didn't expect it to hurt this much though. The pain was unbearable once. Thankfully now it was just an empty space in my heart.

'Titania held me in her arms. She kept asking me what happened but I all I could muster to tell her was ''I.JUST.CANT.STAND.THAT.ASSHOLE''.

It was true though I hated him. HATED HIM WITH A PASSION.

Thankfully life isn't a novel because I know what I would have done in mine. This sort of a relationship would have turned into love since there is only a very thin line between love and hate , but this isn't a story.

I cannot just forgive him,but I will not do anything to spoil Demi's day.With the determination in mind and titania's sweet nothing's , I walked out of the restroom.

Oh yes I had to fix my makeup too. Now I didn't want anyone to see me and run away now. Even though I would have loved it to not have seen the one coming my way.

''Goodafternoon Mrs Lawrence. I was just about to come and greet you. How are you ?'.

"Don't play with me Sarah'... She hissed. ' you know why i am here. You aren't picking up my calls. How many times have I told you to call me, Mr Davis has been asking for you. I cannot just cancel all your meetings. It's a bad impression on our investors.'

'Mrs Lawrence, calm down will you and let's not talk about this here. I don't want to cause a scene. Though I apologise for not calling you back. Fix a meeting for six pm. I will talk to Mr Davis.'

Well so technically Mrs Lawrence was my publisher , as everyone saw it. But in reality she was my secretary. You see I didn't need a publisher anymore. Once my business started to flourish, I could afford to build up my own publishing house.  She has been getting irritated a lot lately, which is why I avoided her. You see she is pregnant and as any hormonal lady she has mood swings. Horrible mood swings.

"Well, good because I feel hungry and I think I am go have something sweet.' Her words startled me ,bring me back to her and I chuckled . She is great lady but with the mood swings, she can get nasty and you would not want to be on her bad side. Thinking about what she did to Anne last month, I giggled.

They had a confrontation in the lobby last month regarding some documents and Anne abused her for it. Well I am sure that's the last time she abused anyone. Catherine aka Mrs Lawrence had jumped on her, I don't know how she found the scissors but cut Anne's beautiful hair.

To say she felt horrible after that, was an understatement. She cried for s week.

Getting to the point is - never cross her when she us angry.

After a short break and a comforting and soothing cup of coffee , I engaged myself in the wedding chores again. Taking up the role of a perfect brides maid.