I let a whimper slip from my lips and quickly turned up the heat in the shower, hissing in pain as the water scorched my skin. My body collapsed forward, and I used my trembling arms to support myself against the tiled wall. My vision grew clouded as the steam filled up the bathroom, and I only chose to turn off the water when breathing became a struggle for me.

Stepping out of the shower, I gently wrapped a towel around my aching form. Wiping the mirror clear of the steam that had fogged it up, I noticed how lifeless I looked. My hair was drenched and hung low, looking absolutely horrendous. My eyes were void of the spark they normally had.

"What has happened to you?" I asked myself aloud, running my hand over my flushed face. Pulling on a shirt and loose shorts, I brushed my hair hopelessly, giving up when I realized I couldn't hold off any longer.

I had to apologize to Danny.

Scowling, I exited my bathroom and found myself walking downstairs to his office, shivering as I thought about everything that had happened there just recently.

Biting my lip, I debated knocking, before shoving the doors open and walking straight in. I was greeted by Nate's tired being, holding two boxes.

"Nate," I said, looking around, "where is Danny?"

Nate eyed me before finally speaking. "Why? So you can torment him so more?"

My lips parted a bit, before I gave out an annoyed groan. "Don't be dramatic, Nate."

"Dramatic?" He snapped, dropping the boxes onto the floor with a loud bang. "Do you even realize how awful Danny feels? Come on Evie, he was the leader of one of the strongest gangs in London, and now? Now he has to go into hiding and that absolutely kills him. And then, then he agrees to let Sebastian take you into his gang-"

"How is that okay? How is he protecting-"

"How is he not protecting you? You're going to be with Sebastian King now, under the protection of the Kings! There is no better protection around, and your brother is torturing himself specifically because he can't be the one to protect you anymore."

I hesitated, and frowned. "That may be true, but even if I am protected from those assholes trying to kill me, who is going to protect me from Sebastian?"

Nate sighed and pulled me into a hug. "It's going to be okay."

"He tried to kill me, Nate. What makes you think he won't try it again?" My voice was soft, barely above a whisper.

Nate pulled away, holding me at arm's length. "Just don't piss him off, Ev."

I let a giggle escape my lips and a smirk formed. "You know that's too much to ask from me." Nate grinned down at me, and his eyes broke away, looking at something behind me.

"Ah, just the big brother Evie was looking for." He said, making me turn around. "I'll just leave the both of you alone now."

I smiled gratefully at Nate as he picked up the boxes he had discarded, and left the room. An awkward silence followed, and I found myself looked almost everywhere else than Danny.

"If you're just going to bitch to me-"

"No!" I cried out, waving my hands around. "I, I'm not here to yell or, or say anything bad for that matter."

Danny remained silent, waiting for me to continue.

Chewing on my lip nervously, I finally built up the courage to admit my wrongdoing. "I'm sorry, Danny, I really am. I should have never doubted your reasons, and I really am sorry for making it harder for you."