Chapter 1 ☆

C H A P T E R 1 ☆

Aubrey ☆

"Good morning Mr. Whitfield." I greeted Dacian with a kiss on the lips.

"Good morning Mrs. Whitfield." He replied back slapping my butt with his left hand while the other one held his brief case.

I giggled a little as I picked up a piece of toast and put it into my mouth.

"What are you doing up so early? I'm use to you sleeping in all the time." Dacian stated wrapping his arms around me.

"I can't help it that the baby makes me tired." I mentioned rubbing my small but growing belly.

It's been five years since high school. When I said I wanted to leave I meant it. We ended up moving to San Fransisco with one of Dacian's old friends. She took care of us and made sure we had everything we needed. Dacian ended up landing a job in this firm in New York so we moved out here about three years ago. We've been living good since then.

"I can't wait until he's here." Dacian stated feeling on my belly.

Dacian is in love with the baby already and he/she isn't even here yet.

I smiled up at him.

"It's gonna be a girl." I replied back to him.

He shook his head.

"We'll find out in a couple of weeks." He mentioned kissing my cheek.

"I'll see you after work mister." I said playing with his fingers.

"Yeah, I'll see you later.." He mumbled kissing my forehead and then my belly before leaving.

I smiled.

It seems like everything has turned out great except for Aaliyah. It's been five years since we seen her and I can tell that it's taking a toll on Dacian still. Every time I bring up her name he changes the subject super quick or sometimes he would get angry. His anger has gotten a lot worse since high school but he has also learned how to control it more.

I heard a knock on the door making me walk towards the front door.

When I opened the door I could see a lady facing the opposite direction.

"Hello?" I asked with my eyebrows raised in confusion.

She turned around and I instantly started smiling.

"Maria!" I called as she gave me a hug.

"It's been so long." She stated rocking me back and forth.

"I know, I've missed you so much." I replied back to her.

She nodded her head in agreement.

"Come in, make yourself at home." I told her shutting the front door.

"This is nice." She said looking around at the place.

"Right, we've only just moved in a few months ago." I replied back to her.

I gave her a little small tour of the house and then we sat in the living room.

"How have things been between you and Dacian?" She asked out of curiosity.

"Things have been great. We're actually expecting." I told her rubbing my belly.

She squealed. "I knew you were gonna be pregnant. The way he looked at you at the wedding said something." She said to me.

I smiled. "Yeah, in a couple of weeks we get to find out whether it's a girl or boy." I told her.

"I have a feeling it's a girl." She mentioned with a huge smile on her face.

"I do too!" I exclaimed.

"I'm gonna plan your baby shower and everything." Maria said getting all excited.

Maria was a big help in planning our wedding. I'm lucky to have her by my side to help me with things like this. I never would of thought that we would ever be this close.

"Awww that's sweet." I said to her.

"I'm glad I came back out here." She mentioned making me smile.

"Why did you come back out here anyways?" I asked her.

"Well I'm now guidance counselor at the University Of New York." She confessed to me.

"That's amazing!" I exclaimed.

She nodded her head.

"Yeah, I start tomorrow. I was lucky enough to find a nice apartment in the city. I just thought I would stop by because I haven't seen you in a couple of months." She explained to me.

"I'm so glad you moved down here now I have somebody to talk to and hang out with." I replied back to her.

"Yeah.." She said staring off into space.

"How was things back home?" I asked her actually curious.

"Well your mother is doing just fine. She got married last spring and she has two step-kids. I've been keeping in touch with Aaliyah and something went wrong with her relationship with Jayden. She doesn't even like talking about him and if she does she says very little about him. She looks pretty lost and she needs some help." Maria explained to me.

I wonder what happened between Aaliyah and Jayden. I have a feeling I already know what happened.

"Can I have her phone number?" I asked Maria.

She nodded. "Of course."

I gave her a pen and paper and she jotted down the number.

"I just wanna make sure everything is alright." I told Maria.

"I understand completely." She replied back.

I can't just leave her hanging. If Jayden did anything to her I will make sure he pays for it. He got away with it the first time..

___________________________
Aubrey & Dacian in mm 😍❤️

What do you guys think?

Comment below

Vote please

Follow also

Originalcreations 🙌🏾