8

You follow Chloe to the scene of the murder. You step back and cover your mouth. You knew her. She was your best friend, you've been friends since high school. And here lay her lifeless corpse. All the fun and light in her eyes drained to emptiness. (Friend's name)...
"Something wrong love?" A voice said from behind you. You felt a hand on your shoulder as warm tears begin to drip down your cheeks. "(y/n)?" Lucifer says. "I knew her" You say wiping your eyes on your sleeve. "Every Thursday we used to meet. Those are my days off... W-we used do whatever came to mind... Watch movies, goof off... Even at 21 we could still have a good laugh..."
You break down right there and then, tears flowing down your face like a sorrow filled river. A pair of warm arms wrap around your shaking frame, comforting you.

--Chloe's PoV--

You never thought you'd see the day. You watch as your partner breaks down after telling you and Lucifer about the victim. Then you watch as he actually is nice to someone. He turned around and hugged her, rubbing her back and shushing her as she cried onto his shoulder. Is it possible he actually... Likes her?

--(y/n)--

"(Y/n)... If you want you can take the day off... I'll keep you updated. We'll find who did this I promise..." Chloe says. "Lucifer you can go home with her. Make sure she's okay"
"I will" He answered, scooping you off your feet and taking you over to his car. You lay your head on his shoulder while he drives. You sigh and wait for him to get to the house