Chapter Eighteen | New Attitude

Start from the beginning

I lifted the water, air, fire and dirt into the air. All of the elements swirled around us in a circle, like a tornado. The weirdest feeling built in my stomach, a sort of pleasure. Just as that increased, Alix’s hand moved to my stomach. It rubbed small comforting circles that were probably just supposed to keep my stomach from hurting too much. I moaned anyway, not so much from him but from the energy of my powers. Immediately, I blushed and stopped using my powers.

I turned to ask him what was going on, but he answered before I could ask. "You need to let out all that energy. Now that you've started using your powers, the energy will build like water against a damn. It feels good to let it out, that's because it's natural. It's supposed to happen. Normally, using your powers doesn't do this because you use them in small incriments."

I nodded and carefully built the flames up, focusing on one element at a time instead of minipulating everything in the room all at once. The room may have been damage-proofed but we weren’t and I didn’t want to get singed.

Alix took my hands again, moving them around us and influencing the elements in the way he wanted. To say it was a good feeling would be the understatement of the century.

Alix started rocking us together, his hands intertwined with mine. I could feel the bulge in his pants as he pushed against me, moaning at the same time I did.

I glanced around quickly. God, I hope this room is soundproof, too.

Alix let go of my hands and moved his to my waist, trapping me against him and guiding my hips as I moved against him. I turned slowly and suddenly my back was against a wall, Alix pressed very close to me.

Why was I doing this?

I tried to refocus on the elements that were still in a giant whirlwind around us but as I did, Alix’s hands moved down, from my hips to my thighs. The fire was burning all different colors now, most of it as red as my face was.

I never did things like this and I had a boyfriend! Why was I letting this happen?

As Alix’s face drew near mine, I thought he was going to kiss me. I could see it coming, in his eyes. He had every intention of kissing me.

Quicker than he could read in my face, I brought my knee up and slammed it into his groin. I thought my aim was off a little, but he doubled over in pain so it must have been effective enough.

“Don't touch me.” I spat at him, as he tried to straighten up. I slapped him then, for good measure, and let all the elements drop.

I forced the flames to dim and then go out and then I was running out of the room, feeling very ashamed of myself.

~  ~  ~

Sammy, Jess, Laurie and I were all hanging out together in Jess and Laurie’s room. Sammy and I were laying on Jess’ bed, him laying behind me and playing with my hair. Jess and Laurie were sitting together on Laurie’s bed.

We had all been eyeing Jess furtively all night.

Katie had come in earlier to let us know where she and Nate had been. They had decided not to take a side in Jess and Spencer’s affairs, but thought it was better if they gave him a little company for now, since we were all with Jess. Katie kindly gave Jess her regards and then left.

Jess sighed. “You guys can stop giving me those looks; I’m fine.”

“Jess—” Laurie started.

“I’m not broken!” She exclaimed loudly. We all stared at her. “I’m in college, I’m bound to shack up sometime. Yes, I’m angry. But I’m not devastated. I don’t need you guys worrying about how I am constantly. Just because something bad happened...I’m not just going to give up everything and curl into a ball.”