Koschei remembered how frustrating it was having to look up all the time. 

     Weight? 129 pounds. Not bad...for a human. 

     Overall, Koschei was unimpressed and annoyed. But he could live with these changes. 

     He was waiting for the scientist to finish talking about his stats with Dr. Alender, who also seemed unimpressed. 

     After that was over, Dr. Alender met Koschei's eyes. He smiled. "Hungry?" 

     Koschei soon learned that the food was actually good in a secret facility five miles underground. He earned a few stares as he stepped into the cafeteria with his two escorts, whose names were Mike and Theo. 

     Koschei didn't hesitate to grab chocolate milk and a bunch of BBQ wings. And maybe add an apple to that. He, for some reason, loved apples. Especially the sour ones. 

     Mike and Theo led Koschei to a table in the back of the mess hall. There was nobody else sitting there, and Koschei was just fine with that. He didn't need anything else new today. 

     "You like chicken?" Theo asked. 

     "Of course." Koschei answered. 

     "Well..." Theo took out his phone and suddenly, Koschei heard the sound of a chicken crowing. "You'll like this." 

     Koschei listened to the chicken make random sounds...in a melody. Whoever did this must be good with the sampler. And then the bass dropped. 

     He dropped his wing. "Am I listening to chicken dubstep??" 

     Theo laughed, turning red. "The best kind of dubstep there is." 

     Mike just poked at his food. "He plays it every day...get used to it." 

    Koschei decided he could live with a three-minute song made entirely of chicken sounds and drums every day. "Is that really all you listen to?" 

     "There's also the cow song." 

     "In other words, that's all he listens to." Mike interjected, accidentally sending a single piece of mac-and-cheese flying across the table. "Michael Jackson is always better." 

     Theo gave Mike a dirty look. "I can give you a chicken dubstep version of Beat It!" 

     "No thanks, don't ruin the song." 

     Kocshei peeled the skin off a wing, putting it into his mouth as he watched Theo and Mike argue about Michael Jackson. At least their voices blocked out the drums a little. 

     "Hey, Eno! Tell this idiot that chicken dubstep is the best music!" Theo yelled at Koschei, fighting to stay sitting up. 

     Koschei shrugged. "I prefer Green Day." 

     Mike and Theo stopped fighting for a moment and stared at Koschei. 

     "So you like emo music?" Theo asked. 

     "Yeah. It's lyrically better than the pop songs. Besides, they're cool dudes." 

     "What...else do you listen to?" Mike asked, scooting back to his original spot.

     "Metallica, Linkin Park, the Offspring, Skillet, My Chemical Romance, Coldplay, Bastille, REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers...stuff like that." 

     "Wow, emo enough." 

     Koschei sighed, focusing back on his chicken wing. He already missed his phone, which had five playlists of 200 songs each, which were all "very emo". 

     It turned out that Koschei didn't have to go back to the padded room. Instead, they moved him to a more normal room. 

     It was small, with rounded metal walls and fluorescent lights hanging from the ceiling. There was nothing but basic furniture in there: a bed, a desk with a desktop computer, and some drawers. 

     Koschei sat down on the bed, which wasn't that uncomfortable. He could live with it. He inhaled the scent of chlorine, which reminded him of a torturous trip to the mall with Lucy. (Who somehow listened to classical music but could stand rock music blasting through the walls of their room.) 

     Koschei stood up and walked to the drawers, pulling open the topmost one and seeing they had clothes in there. (more scrubs) He picked out some that were black. 

     He loved black, it was the absence of color, which described him in way too many ways. 

     The other drawers had stuff like towels and bath supplies. 

     And also, Koschei discovered the K-cup machine. He shoved a Donut Shop cup into the machine and turned it off, watching the machine dispense a stream of brown liquid into the simple white mug under it. 

     There was a knock on the door. 

     Koschei got up and opened it. It was Theo. 

     "What do you want?" He might have said that a little too harshly.

    "Meanie. I just wanted to ask if you liked the room...as much as one could like it." 

    "It's...cozy I guess. Lots of privacy, unlike the other living arrangements I had." Koschei said, leaning against the wall. 

     "At least we agree on one thing. Is it weird I expected you to be playing emo music by now?" 

     "The best sound is silence." But unfortunately, I never get that. 

     Theo shrugged. "Well, hope you're doing okay. The bathroom is all the way at the end of the hall," he pointed down the hall, "and if you run out of K-cups, you can always come to me because I hate coffee." 

     Koschei smiled at Theo, who left, slowly walking down the ultra-bright hallway.