"It was a lot of trouble to get you out of that fire alive. We actually had to force an artificial regeneration, so sorry for any minor memory loss." Dr. Alender explained, all while keeping a cheerful voice.

      Koschei tensed. Artificial regenerations were extremely dangerous, and usually ended up harming more than helping. But he seemed fine...

     "Also sorry about the padded rooms. While we were monitoring you before this incident, you seemed rather unstable. We weren't sure how you were going to react to a new environment."

     Yeah, I reacted by stripping naked. Koschei tried not to react to that statement. "Wait...you were watching me before?"

     Dr. Alender seemed surprised that Koschei actually asked a legit question. "Well...we were watching you for a long time, actually."

     "How? Like...why..." 

     "You'll all understand it one day. You're still confused." Dr. Alender said. 

     Confused? Yes, very. Koschei didn't know whether these guys were bad...or stupid...or both. "So you guys are keeping me here because..." 

     "We want to restore populations...and Eno, you're in grave danger." 

     Koschei felt light-headed and started to stumble around. Eventually, he was asked to sit down and was given a glass of water. He had more than enough weirdness for today. He was always in grave danger, how much worse could it be? 

     Who was there to trust? The only other of his kind was off shagging another companion. And also, he thought he was dead. He thought his fucking cells were ashes. Nobody wanted a surprise visit from somebody they thought they had burned. 

     Koschei thought he was dead until he woke up in that padded room. It was a shame, actually. The one time he thought he would be allowed to die, he was saved again. His fifth attempt at death was a flop. 

     He brought the rim of the glass to his lips, drinking some water to look less spaced-out. He could say he was rocking the look today. 

     The shorter guy crouched down in front of Koschei, taking in free hand in his. "Are you feeling better?" 

     Koschei nodded, sitting up straight. "What type of danger?" 

     "Um...lemme ask Dr. Alender." the shorter guy looked up at Dr. Alender, who loomed over Koschei, face deadpanned and arms crossed. 

     Dr. Alender didn't answer for a full minute, and after that, it was obvious he was never going to answer at all. 

     Koschei found that rather strange. Did they even know what the danger was? 

     Later, Koschei was back on his feet and a female scientist with red hair greeted him, finally taking the handcuffs off and telling him that she was here to take stats. 

     Koschei felt a little relived that the scientist was taller, even though that was only because she was wearing heels. It reminded him of Gallifrey, even though half of those memories were bad. He just needed a little familiarity right now. 

     First, the scientist, whose lab coat read "Marshall", took his height. Five feet and six inches. That seemed taller than what Koschei remembered, but his height may have been because he last regenerated on Earth, which forced his body to choose a new form accordingly. The lack of gravity on Earth made humans taller, and also time lords that regenerated there.