Chapter Four

Rina POV

After leaving the nurses office me and Taehyung walked back to class only to find it empty. I walked to my desk grabbing my phone. It's already the end of the day!

"Where do you live?" Taehyung asked. I turned around to see him grabbing his things and pushing in his chair.

"Not that far from your work." I said.

"I'll walk you home then. I've got work in about twenty minutes anyways. Come on." He started walking out the classroom. I quickly grabbed my things and started running after him. He's so fast. One minute he's outside the classroom, the next he's outside the school building.

"So." I said trying to break the silence between us as we walked down the street. I could feel the moisture in the air and could tell it was going to rain soon. But a minute later it started pouring. We couldn't even make it to my house before it started storming. We ended up running into Charlie's Chicken. I watched as Taehyung threw his bag behind the counter grabbing a yellow shirt.

"I'll be right back." He said walking into the back. I looked around the restaurant to see it like before. Empty. This place is so bright in colors but dull in someway. This place seems to be a little depressing. And it hurts me to know Taehyung works here.

"Here where this." Taehyung said walking back behind the counter. It was a gray and black sweater.

"Thanks but I'm not cold." I said sitting it down on the counter.

"It's for your bra. Because of the rain I can see your black and pink bra." He started giggling. I looked down at the gym shirt to clearly see my bra. I quickly started putting on the sweater. As I pulled it over my head I got a sweet yet strong smell. Am I smelling Taehyung? I thought.

"You know you could have told me! People probably thought I was crazy." I snapped which made him giggling even more. I for some reason love his laugh, and don't get me started on his smile. I don't understand why anyone would think he's a killer. He's so kind, warm hearted, and so handsome.

"While you are here. Do you want some chicken? It's not like people are coming in anyways. I'll make some hot and ready." He asked putting on a apron. This Taehyung looked so different. It wasn't because he usually wears dark clothing and I'm seeing him in a yellow shirt and apron. But his aura is different. He seems calmer and relax.

"Sure why not. It doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon anyways. I'll just text my dad I'm here real quick." I said pointing at my phone. He gave me a smile as he started cooking.

Dad. It's raining out so I'm stuck at Charlie's Chicken restaurant. Once it stops raining I'll be home.

He replied back saying it was okay since he was on the other side of the city at the moment. He said he would be returning home late as well.

Taehyung brought a glass full of soda and placed it down in front of me. He sat down another glass beside me for himself. I watched as he started cursing at the flying grease coming towards him. I started laughing at his dramatic event. Once he was done he brought over a plate with chicken. He sat down beside me taking a sip of his drink first. I didn't hesitate at the delicious food in front of me and started eating.

"You know it's funny. I haven't ate with someone in a long time. Until I heard you swallowed your food I've never realized it before." He said. I looked over at him. It's like he was lost in another world. A world full of pain.

"Then I'll eat with you for now on!" I said with a mouth full. Taehyung seem to come out his world as he looked over at me and smiled.

"Why are you so nice to me? I could have just been lying to you and really be a monster." He said losing his smile.

"I don't believe that. I just believe you are unbalanced. I believe this situation was just a misunderstanding and you were the first person people could point to. They want justice just like you, but don't read in between the lines. They read everything in black and white. They see a small thing of evidence and just pile the whole situation on you. It's not right, but I can't judge them. Just like they shouldn't judge you. I just think they are scared, not of you. But who the real person is. It could be a family member, a friend, or even a neighbor. They see you as a broken piece and find it restful if they blame you. It's got so far as people beating you up! It's not fair!" I could feel myself getting all worked up.

"It's fine. Don't worry yourself about it. Not everything in this world is fair. Once I find Minyoona's murder then maybe people will start liking me again. I really appreciate your words." Once again he started smiling. He started eating his chicken like nothing was wrong. Like my words had no effect on him. These people have made him like this. More or less, it's who ever killed Minyoona.

"Do you like eating with customers?" We both jumped to see a tall skinny man standing behind us. Taehyung started whipped off his mouth then his shirt. The man walked over grabbing Taehyung's plate of chicken throwing it on the ground.

"You don't get to eat. I'll take out that food from your paycheck. Clean this mess up." He barked. Taehyung bowed before grabbing a broom. Is he serious. He's really going to clean this up. The tall man started walking past the counter and into the back. I jumped out my seat running behind him. Taehyung was still clean up the mess as I walked into the back.

"Hey!" I yelled out to the man. He turned around shocked to see me standing behind him.

"You aren't allowed back here miss. I'm sorry for my rude employe-" I cut him off by slapping him. He held onto his check for a minute.

"You can't treat a human like that. There hasn't been a customer in over a hour! I don't think it would kill someone to sit down and eat something. Plus the way you acted was just insane. You are a despicable person." I spit. That seemed to make him angry as he grabbed me by the hair snatching my head up close to his. I was starting to rethink my words.

"You can't talk to me like that. I'm the owner of this place. I can treat him however I want. And you are just-" he was cut off by a hand to his head. I watched as Taehyung pulled him from me and towards the stove. He held onto the man's left arm pushing his face down next to the hot grease.

"Taehyung stop! The stove is still on!" I screamed as I watched the man try and break lose as he felt the hot grease hit his face.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" The man pleaded. I walked over beside Taehyung. I could see a drip of sweat rolling down his cheek. But soon I noticed it was a tear.

"Taehyung please let him go. You remember. You aren't a killer." I said calming him down. As I touched his arm he looked over at me.

"Taehyung please." I said trying to smile.

He finally let go of the man and the man started running out, but before he ran out the door he yelled something back at us.

"You are insane! I knew I should have never hired you! You are fired! I never want to see you here again! Both of you!" The man screamed. He ran out the restaurant leaving me and Taehyung behind.

"I'm sorry Rina. I didn't mind him doing that to me, but when I saw him with you. I lost it. It reminded me of what Minyoona went through. That I wasn't there to proctor her. I thought something horrible might have happened to you. I couldn't deal with losing a new friend. My only friend." I watched as two more tears ran down his face. I walked over to him hugging him tight.

"I'm not leaving." I said pulling him in tight.

Since I've been here I've found myself trying to help Taehyung. And it's somehow helping me as well. We are both unbalanced but somehow helping each other out.

⚪️〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰⚪️

I hope this sounds okay. I was having a little trouble with trying to get my thoughts of how this chapter would go into words.
So I've also decided to make this story a little shorter. It'll probably only be ten chapters long.

But thank you for reading

⚪️〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰⚪️