2wo

After getting Frisk all settled in they had dinner which was spaghetti, the only thing Papyrus would cook 12 times out of 10 nights. After the warm welcomes to Frisk it was getting late, and it was clear Frisk was tired. After the hugs goodnight, Frisk headed to bed and Papyrus followed after, leaving Sans up by himself to watch the human's version of "television".

Nothing was really on, just sitcoms, cooking, and reality. Nothing he overly cared to watch. He sighed and leaned back, and just sat there with his thoughts. Frisk had been quiet the whole time she had been there. Then what Toriel said ran in his mind. Nightmares. Is Frisk remembering other timelines.... He thought but then tried to remove the possibly. No, that can't be it. I have nightmares over it and I doubt she does remember other timelines like I do...

San groaned and took off his jacket before laying on the couch. Sans was worry, needless to say. The girl was strong, he knew that but she still was... young. She wasn't ready for a world like this, wasn't ready for reality. Sans sighed and rolled over, he decided he would worry about it in the morning before dozing off into a peaceful sleep.

Sometime in the dead of night screams consumed the house, jolting Sans awake. In panic he looked around and realized the sounds of terror were coming from Frisk's room. Running to the room, praying nothing was wrong with her. He busted in to see Frisk curled into a ball on the bed, holding her head wailing. Sans rushed over to Frisk and tired gently shaking the child. "F-frisk what's wrong!? Snap out of it!" No response, her wails turned to distressed cries. Sans held her close, trying to comfort her.

Finally she started to calm down, and clung to him with sobs. "Hey kiddo, it's okay." The young girl looked up at him tears running down her face. Cupping his cheek bones and tear flowing down the pale cheek of the girl. "S-sans?" She questioned in sniffles. "What happen kiddo?" He asked carefully. Burying her face in his clothed chest bones, tears came faster the words,  "You're still alive," where choked out between sobs.

Confused, but then it was clear to him, was a nightmare. "Yeah kiddo, I'm alive." Frisk snuggled into him more and went back to sleep in his lap, having a good grip on him. As he rubbed her back he sighed before mumbling softly, "It's alright kiddo."

Right then and there, he realized his feelings for her grew and grew each passing day. Evolving to the point he couldn't handle it. What was even these feeling for her he had. He couldn't express it, He yet to understand them fully himself. With a sigh he looked down at her sleeping face, nothing could be done about the dilemma.