Nostalgia

Khushi couldn't stop thinking about Arnav. The way he smiled at her so kindly, the way her heart beat rapidly around him, the way he caressed her hair.......though, she could not remember clearly everything about him. It bothered her a little that she couldn't even remember whether he was a good person, and his sneer when they had arguments.... well, that just didn't give Khushi a better feeling about his good side.

She went to find Arav, she always felt good after talking to him. She was passing through the hall. It was dark but since she didn't want to wake anyone up, she kept walking. She concentrated on the moonlight without realizing it. When she finally realized it, she got back a piece of memory in a flash...

 When she finally realized it, she got back a piece of memory in a flash

She was eight years old when her mom and dad died in an accident. Back then, she didn't even know what dying meant. So for a long time she thought they went somewhere, they will come back...

She had told Arnav, "Even to this day I feel that my mom and dad have become stars, so I always hang stars on my bed where I sleep. Even today, I am scared of speeding cars, I am scared of sleeping alone, I am scared of the darkness. So many years have passed, but even to this day I feel as if all this is a nightmare. I will wake up one day and they will come back..."

                         ***************************************

                                                                                Nostalgia – part 2

"You?" she said, soon after which she realized she yelled. He closed her mouth and put a finger on his lip, "Shh...everyone's asleep. You don't want to wake them up, do you?"

"No", she said in a small voice, "just wanted to know if Arav was asleep. I wanted to talk to him for some time. Whoa, whoa, whoa. What are you doing awake?"

"Oh, me?" he started stuttering and stammering, "I, uh, nothing much, but, uh, um, just looking at stars." 

"Really? I thought I was the only one!"

"I never believed in such stuff, till....."

Khushi didn't allow him to complete. "Oh, now I remember something about you. You don't believe in anything at all. You don't believe in religion, culture, traditions, why, you don't believe in beliefs of other people, like love, goodness, gods, and for one, you think you are god yourself."

Arnav just sighed. Then he straightened up and walked towards her. For each step he took closer, she moved one step back. Finally, he put his arms around her and pulled her closer." I do believe. I believe in so many things ever since I met you. And if there's anything I believe in more than anything among what you said, it is love. 

And you, Khushi, are the reason I believe in love."

"I, uh, am tired. I need to go. I'll, uh, um, just go then. Good night." She pulled away. "Ok then.Good night. Sweet dreams." He leaned in and kissed her on the cheek. She breathed in sharply. She swallowed hard."Ok, bye then" she realized her voice was an octave higher than usual. 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!